Thursday, June 02, 2011

Allow Me To Re-Introduce Myself

In lieu of starting from scratch and creating a whole new blog, (trust me, I thought of it), I thought I would instead kick off this month of daily posts with an introduction and update.

It’s been so long since I’ve been an active blogger, that I am not sure who my readers are anymore (if I even have any), and I know there must be some new faces out there, people who don’t really know all that much about me.

If you found me via Twitter, you may know my daily rambling, but do you know my history?  If you are a new bloggy friend, welcome!  If you are one of my old buddies…welcome back, let’s get reacquainted.

I give you, therefore, a few facts about me you must know, to make sense of my ramblings…uh, I mean blog posts.

I am Karina.  36 years old.  Unmarried, single, re-entering the dating life after a too long hiatus.  Christian (Catholic to be specific) and very much a person of faith.  I am a daughter, sister, friend, cousin.  I am not a mother, but am the cool auntie to many of my friends’ kids.  I am an executive assistant by day, a writer in my heart.

I love life. I love music, art, television and film. I love to travel, explore new things, and photograph the world around me.  I love fashion and am absolutely addicted to buying shoes.  I’m a foodie, always excited to try new cuisines.  I’m an avid reader, my kindle with me at all times.  I am a runner, and a newbie fitness freak. 

Life for me is a constant whirlwind of activity, surrounded by friends and family, activities and meetings.  I am always on the go, and wouldn’t have it any other way.

I am serious, honest, intelligent, independent, strong, self-sufficient, and proud.  I am a complete goofball, caring, giving, dorky, insecure and shy.  I am a walking contradiction.

And here in this blog, I am all of the above, and so much more.  My eclectic tastes, my chaotic life, they blend together to create me…I could never fit this blog into one category, because my life defies all reason.  There is no way to put me in a box and label me…and that’s just how I like it.

So, that is me.  What you see is what you get, but on any given day, that can mean a totally different thing…

And I'm okay with that.