I don’t believe I’ve mentioned this in here before, but I am on a diet right now. I hate to say that, because I hate diets and don’t think they work, I’d rather say that I’m on a health kick, eating healthier than I normally do, and trying to fit in some work-out time…but, to put it plainly…I am on a diet.
That said, there are several things that I have completely and utterly prohibited myself from touching until I make some headway with the weight loss. Thus, today’s TT…
Thirteen things I wish I could eat right now:
1. Pasta Alfredo - OMG, I have visions of creamy alfredo sauce dancing in my head…this has without a doubt been the toughest thing to give up, as I could eat it EVERY DAY and not get tired of it…ahhhh….alfredo…sigh….
2. Spinach and Artichoke dip - My favorite of all appetizers, and I’ve somehow managed to stay away from it so far.
3. Pad Thai or various other noodle based Thai dishes: I could so go for some really spicy pad thai for lunch today.
4. Breakfast burrito from McDonald’s. I don’t even eat these that often, but whenever I am on a “diet”, I find myself craving them like you wouldn’t believe it.
5. Steak and Cheese sub – once again, I don’t eat these very often, but knowing I can’t have one has me craving one with mushrooms and mayo and YUUUMMMMM
6. Chocolate Martini – Okay, so technically this is not food, however, since it contains more calories than your average cheeseburger…I’m sticking to wine for now, and I want some Godiva liquor!!!
7. Speaking of burgers…what I wouldn’t give for a nice, juice, greasy, cheesy burger…
8. French fries – I miss French fries…fried foods were the first thing to go, ages ago, so they are not part of my diet, even when I am not on a diet…but I miss them, and I want some.
9. Chinese Buffet stuff…just in general, all the crap you find when you go to a Chinese buffet…the fried rice, the noodles, wontons, the soups, everything that is oh so bad and yet, oh so good.
10. Mexican food – because it is ALL off limits right now. Guacamole, sour cream, cheese…sigh…
11. The Molten Chocolate Cake dessert from Chilli’s…because I was there the other night with friends, and they shared one, and I didn’t even so much as TOUCH it…
12. Mom’s spaghetti…plain, with just butter…because I have no idea what she does, but nobody makes spaghetti like mom does.
13. Portuguese bread – aka “Papo seco” with butter and a nice FAT slice of good Portuguese cheese or “queijo fresco”, which is the best kind of cheese EVER!
Well, that was painful, and now I am STARVING, and going to eat my salad. At least it’s a really good spinach and shrimp salad, with a homemade mango/jalapeno dressing…aren’t you jealous?
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants