I saw this a few weeks ago at Bleeding Espresso and I thought this would be a perfect way to wrap up 2008.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? OH, so many things. Got a tattoo, went to Fort Lauderdale, met Donnie Wahlberg, lost 20 lbs., wrote 50,000 words in 30 days, became a youth group leader…we’ll stop there.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t really believe in “resolutions” but I make plans. I think I did fairly well this year, and I have LOTS of plans for 2009, you can read all about those here.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I don’t know that I’d call it an achievement as much as a personal step, but I’d say reconnecting with my faith. Also, writing those 50,000 words in 30 days is pretty amazing. And then there’s the 20 lb. weight loss. Oh, and actually getting that Donnie hug? Yeah, that was an achievement! Ha
9. What was your biggest failure? Hmm…nothing is jumping out at me.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Just the common cold and stuff
11. What was the best thing you bought? Besides my tattoo? Maybe the HDTV and HT Tivo, kind loving those. OH, no wait, I take it back, best things I bought were my tickets to see NKOTB…twice.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My mom’s for getting me to join Jenny Craig with her, so we could do the weight loss thing together.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Besides the obvious political and media ones? Yeah, those were mostly it.
14. Where did most of your money go? Toward cost of living expenses mostly. No fun.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? It seems I spent most of this year, or at least the second half of this year really, really excited about everything. The youth group stuff, my faith, my tattoo, the NKOTB reunion, taking a trip to visit “Traveller” in Ft. Lauderdale, my weight loss…yeah, it was a really exciting year.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Well, it sort of goes without saying that any of the NKOTB new songs will, but besides those, that annoying Lady Gaga song “Dance” and Katie Perry’s “Hot and Cold”.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer? Happier, thinner and richer (financially as well as spiritually).
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Travelling, writing and organization…I spent a lot of time overwhelmed and confused this year, I need to work on that.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Hmm…procrastinating. I REALLY need to stop doing that.
20. How did you spend Christmas? With my family, having the best time EVER.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes, but not romantic love. I fell in love with God and with my friends and with the youth who give me great hope for our future. Oh, right, and then there’s Donnie Wahlberg. ;-)
22. What was your favorite TV program? Hmm…You know, I watched a lot of tv, but I can’t say I watched anything that really excited me. I don’t think I have a favorite.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don’t believe in harboring hate toward people, so no.
24. What was the best book you read? I really didn’t read very much this year, and I really can’t even remember almost any books I read, so I definitely can’t pick a “best” book.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Just recently discovered Straight No Chaser (an accapella group) and I think they’re pretty amazing. Hmm…there was a lot of music in my life this past year actually.
26. What did you want and get? To get back in shape and look and feel good about my self-image.
27. What did you want and not get? A new car.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? I didn’t really watch a lot of movies either, and I can't think of one that stood out for me.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I really don’t know how I could answer this. This year was amazing, I can’t imagine asking for anything else.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Well, the first half of the year was “whatever fits that doesn’t make me cringe”. The second half was more of a “self-discovery” of what looks good again. I’ll be back in full “fashion diva” form now though.
32. What kept you sane? God, my faith family, my mom and the blog world.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Do I really need to tell you this one? AS if I haven't turned this whole meme into a NKOTB love fest already? Okay, here's Donnie in case you were wondering...standing MERE inches from me...sigh...
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Well, this was the year of the presidential election that will go down in history, so it was hard to not be politically stirred, wasn’t it?
35. Who did you miss? I missed my grandma a lot this year. There were just a lot of times that I really wanted to talk to her.
36. Who was the best new person you met? There were a few people I met at the end of 2007, but really got to know in 2008 that completely changed my life. I also “met” myself all over again in 2008, and you know what? I’m pretty awesome. Haha. But actual, real people that I met in 2008? It was really cool to meet Frances in person, she’s awesome. Also, my new boss and all the folks at my new job are pretty cool. And then there’s the youth.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.