2. I cry at the silliest things. I think there's something wrong with my emotional "synapses" because sometimes the tears just sort of spill out for no reason at all, and I simply can't control them. And yet, at times when you would expect tears, be they funerals, weddings, or other emotional events...the tears are not always available to me.
3. I have a ridiculously hard time picking favorites. Ask me what my favorite color, food, beverage, etc. is, and I can't come up with an answer. It always depends on the day and on my mood. I don't remember ever even having a favorite color as a child. I think this is because I'm always trying new things, experimenting and experiencing, so I find new "favorites" every day.
4. In the last six months or so I've been going through some personal growth in my faith and my relationship with God. I've always been spiritual, but lately I've been exploring that faith and digging deeper. It's amazing what you find once you start digging. I've found a bit of inner peace I didn't know was there, among other things.
5. Within the last 4 years I've completely lost one of my phobias. From the time I was a little girl, I was completely terrified of dogs. All dogs. Big dogs, little dogs, friendly dogs, and certainly angry dogs. When approached by any canine, I would get that tight feeling in my chest, that feeling of tension in my muscles, and that sweating of the palms that only those with any phobia will completely identify with. But now, none of that happens. Even when faced with a less than friendly dog, I get a reasonable sense of "cautionary" fear, but none of the phobia induced panic. I'm always amazed at that reaction now.
6. I make a killer ice cream cake. I was told this weekend that my ice cream cake is better than Carvel's. I'm pretty damn proud of that fact. I'll tell you all about my cake, and the rest of the Mother's Day meal my cousins and I prepared in tomorrow's post.
2. Mama Bear
6. Lil' Mouse