Sunday, January 09, 2011

Popinjay - Whimsical



This week's Popinjay prompt is Whimsical:

Whimsical: spontaneous, fanciful or playful; given to whims, capricious; quaint, unusual or fantastic.

I thought for sure this would be such an easy prompt to photograph...and then suddenly, I was at a loss...

Then I remembered one of my Christmas gifts from this year. I collect Betty Boop stuff. I have for years, and my collection isn't overwhelming and huge, but it is fun, and something that makes me smile. It is also playful and so cute.

For Christmas this year my uncle gave me a set of salt and pepper shakers, and...looking at them:
They just feel "whimsical" to me. Especially when I note that the lips on the dog (and Betty's cheek) are magnetic, so they are pulled together by magnetic forces...cute right? ;-)

Make sure you stop by Michelle's to see what other whimsy's everyone found.

1 comment:

~michelle pendergrass said...

Oooh!!! SO cute!! I need to get mine up for the week!