Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Cooking with K & K...Weeks 2 & 3

I'm a little behind on my Cooking with K posts...well, let's be honest, I'm a little behind on all my blog posts...except for Popinjay! ;-)


But, without further ado, let's go back and review cooking dates number 2 and 3...


First up, week 2:

The menu for the evening:


Tomato Mozzarella and Avocado Salad:

 




































Chicken and soba noodles with peanut sauce:
 



 
 And raspberry filled muffins:
Lil' K making the muffins

 The salad was delicious and simple to make, the noodles and chicken were AMAZING and I WILL be making that dish again, and the muffins were okay...a little dry...I don't bake very often, and I believe it was K's first time EVER baking...we are learning...


Week 3:


The menu: Asian Chicken Noodle Soup:
 Roasted Shrimp and Orzo:

 And Spice apples with vanilla ice cream:



I'm going to go on the record and say that this was by far my favorite menu to date.  The chicken soup, which included lemongrass and ginger was simply the best.  The orzo and shrimp was delicious and light, and the fruit? OH the fruit...so, so very good.


Funny story about week 3, in the middle of cooking, with the oven on, all our pots and pans on the burners going, we set off the fire alarm...oops.  Turning on the fan, and opening a window, we quickly took care of the problem and continued cooking...no big deal.


Until, about 15 minutes later, I look out my window and see TWO firetrucks pull up in front of my building, and a slew of fire fighters walk into my building.


UH....OOPS??


How embarrassing. K and I looked at each other, laughing and mortified...


I opened up my door to discover, however, they weren't there for me...someone had smelled gas at the other end of my building and they were there to check that out.


Whew...relief.


By the way, the gas issue was resolved with no problems...


The next cooking date for K and I is on Valentine's night...I'm researching an appropriate menu...stay tuned...;-)

No comments: