Which is actually odd, because I'm the kind of person that trully enjoys "beginnings", fresh starts, hitting the old refresh button. And you would think that a Monday would feel like a "refresh" for me, right?
But no, instead it's just sort of a "ugh, already?" kind of thing. And it's not even that I dread going to work now (as I used to in former jobs), or that I think my weeks are particularly tough (because they are not, really). So, what is it about Mondays that just turns me off?
I think it's high time I turn this attitude off and begin looking anew at my Mondays. After all, a brand new week is nothing to scoff at.
And today, this Monday, brings with it not only a brand new week, but a brand new month as well. We're in November folks. Can you believe it?
November is shaping up to be a very busy month for yours truly. Busy, eventful and I think quite enjoyable.
So today I thought I'd just do a bit of housekeeping here at Candid Karina's to start the month off right.
Here's what I've got going on this month:
- NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month - Kicked off on Saturday and I started it with a bang, knocking 4,745 words out in a few hours. I've already completely fallen in love with my story and my characters and have very high hopes for NaNo this month. I will be sharing "excerpts" of the novel at Creative Karina throughout the month, with the first peek being posted THIS WEDNESDAY. I'll let you know here, but please come by and let me know what you think, won't you?
- NaBloPoMo - National Blog Posting Month - I'm actually not entirely sure if this is officially happening this month or not, I've heard conflicting reports (and can't seem to get on the site today). I'm not officially signing up for it anyway, but have decided to UN-officially attempt it here at Candid Karina. This blog (well, all my blogs really) has been pretty neglected recently, and it was a similar challenge that kicked me off posting regularly years ago, so I figured I'd inject a little life into Candid Karina by trying to post every day this month. Should be a challenge with the schedule I'm keeping this month, but we'll see how it goes.
- Karina's Alphabet Soup - My brand new meme, which I kicked off last month at Creative Karina, is going live with it's second installment (the letter "B") on Friday. I hope you'll join in.
- Then there are my guest spots on other blogs...SheWhoBlogs (which I owe Frances a post for, I believe, and will work on getting that to her in the next few days); Inspired Bliss (which I truly am excited about, and am working on yet another post for as we speak), and a few others that I volunteered to help on but have yet to actually do anything...I'm working on some stuff, and will let you all know as soon as I've organized myself.
- And there's my other very neglected blog, Cafe Karina. I've actually got a book review I'm working on for that, and will have a concert review as well as of Saturday.
- OOH yes, and I owe some of my Inspired Blissionistas some buttons I volunteered to make...I haven't forgotten you ladies, my world has just been crazy lately...but I promisse, they're coming.
- Oh, also, if I owe you a meme you've tagged me for...now would be a great time to remind me, so that I can add them to my posting schedule for November...
There's the blogging stuff...but wait, there's more. My personal schedule is kind of crazy as well.
- There's work, keeping my house in order, and the whole weight loss thing. I've joined a gym. I intend of going to the gym at least 3 days a week to start, so I can add that to my busy calendar.
- Then there's the youth group, with a few events throughout the month of November.
- I'm also going to be working a youth retreat on Thanksgiving weekend, and every Sunday we meet to prep for this weekend for several hours. Most of my Sundays are actually taken up with this.
- I am going to see New Kids on the Block in concert again this coming Saturday. Go ahead, call me a groupie, I don't really care, I'm LOVING IT. And in fact, I might be going to see them on Thursday as well.
- THEN, next Tuesday I'm taking a much needed and much deserved vacation. The first real vacation I've had since my trip to Mexico almost 3 years ago. I am going to visit my friend Traveller in Florida for a week. It is going to be a week of sunning, relaxing, and hopefully writing. Some martini drinking, flirting with her Brazilian neighbors and a little bit of Nascar thrown in for good measure. I can't wait.
- November also means Thanksgiving, and at some point, I should probably start my Christmas shopping.
- Then the last weekend of November I will be away on the youth retreat.
And in the midst of all this, I'm also going to try and have a social life. Because well...why not?
And you know what? I'm looking forward to this month like I haven't looked forward to a month in ages. I think it's going to be crazy, insane, busy, exhausting...and exhilirating, enjoyable, spiritual, social, relaxing...In a word? LIFE.
I'm ready! Bring it...