Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Getting into the Spirit of Christmas

In case you were wondering, there are 22 days left till Christmas.

Wait, let me say that again...22 days.

Are you ready? Because I? Am so not ready.

Let me tell you how NOT ready I am. I haven't even THOUGHT about Christmas yet this year. With the youth retreat to prepare for the last two months, along with everything else I had going on, I couldn't even fathom adding thoughts of Christmas into the mix.

So, I postponed any Christmas related thoughts and tasks until "after the retreat". Well, folks, this week is "after the retreat", so I've had to finally face facts. I need to prepare.

And you know what? I'm giddy with excitement. I love Christmas. I love everything about Christmas. The decorations, the songs (don't tell anyone), the sappy movies, the shopping, giftwrapping, and especially gift giving, the parties, the family and friend time, the charity...all of it. I love it.

This year, especially, being in the spiritual place I'm at, I'm looking forward to enjoying this Holy-Day remembering exactly what it is that we celebrate on this day. Let's not forget what this season is all about.

So, today, as my body begins to recover a little more from this past weekend (and the utter lack of sleep all weekend long), I begin making lists. Lists of things I need to do, lists of gifts I need to buy, party lists, organizational lists, Christmas card lists...and this weekend, I break out the decorations and bring Christmas to my house.

I can't wait.

What are you excited for this season?

No comments: