Thursday, April 30, 2009

NaBloPoMo - Challenge is Sweet



Oh how I’ve been a neglectful blogger. I have all these intentions and ideas and plans and then…well, then I don’t have the time, the motivation, or the inspiration to follow through with them.

But I miss blogging. I miss my interaction with my readers, I miss going to visit my favorite blogs, and most of all, I miss the writing of posts. I miss the flow of my creative juices as I come up with a new post each day.

SO, I’ve decided to join NaBloPoMo this month. If you don’t know, NaBloPoMo stands for National Blog Posting Month, and it typically takes place in November. The goal is to post on your blog EVERY SINGLE DAY that month. However, NaBloPoMo has now expanded, and there are several bloggers that participate each and every month now. Or, you can choose to jump in for just one particular month here and there. To help us along as well, the NaBloPoMo folks give us a theme every month which we can choose to run with…or not.

This month, the theme is “Sweet”. And I’m going to go ahead and join in. I am going to do everything in my power to post a new post every day. And I’m also going to try to keep the running theme of “sweet” throughout the month.

I’ll be very honest with you, I’m not entirely certain I’ll be able to post every day. But my goal is to try, and to focus on having good quality posts, not just “filler” posts. I’m thinking that even if I miss a few days here and there, I’ll still be posting more regularly than I have been, so it’ll be worth it.

And not every post this month will be based on the theme, most likely, but I think having a theme will help keep me motivated. So I’m going with it.

Please do come back tomorrow for Only The Good Friday, with a nice, SWEET twist.

2 comments:

lissa said...

I like the theme of "sweet" but I doubt I'll join in, I just don't have such discipline but good luck to you

Beckie said...

It does take a lot of discipline to post every day, but 'sweet' sounds like a fun topic for the month. I can't wait to see what you come up with!