Monday, March 28, 2011

Making an Intentional Mess




I fully and completely blame my Twitter buddy Karla for what is about to happen to me.

Lately, I’ve been feeling like I have all this creative energy, but for some reason or another, can’t seem to get my act together to produce, to create, to write.  My blog is continuously abandoned, projects are left barely started at home, and I just look at it all and think “one of these days, when I have the time, when my mind is in the right place, when the conditions are all perfect”…

Then Karla Tweeted this challenge: Making A Mess 

I was immediately intrigued, but when I went to the Amazon page for the book, and saw the video they have posted, I won’t lie, the “Monkish” side of me (you now, that organized, OCD, everything in its place, books are sacred” part of me?) nearly had a heart attack.

And that was when I knew I had to do it.  I had to jump in and join this challenge, because maybe that’s exactly what I need, to completely step out of my comfort zone, and just CREATE a big mess.  So that I can then refocus my energy and be able to CREATE. Period.

So, I ordered the book. I received it on Friday, and plan to start reading it/playing with it tomorrow.

So, here I go, I’m letting go of perfection and making a mess.

Will you join us? Check out the links on Karla’s post, and please do join us, we’d love to have you along for the ride!