Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tuesday Tunes - Bruno Mars



I love music. I mean, I honestly LOVE music.  I don’t know how anyone can make it through a day without some sort of soundtrack.  I listen to music as I get ready in the morning, while I work, as I drive around town, during my workouts, and before I go to bed.

Good music can easily bring me to tears, make me dance, or put a smile on my face. 

There are artists whose music touches the very depths of my soul.  There are artists whose voices make me swoon, or lose my sense of reality.

There are songs that bring me right back to moments in my personal history.

There are songs that describe what I’m feeling THIS VERY MOMENT so exactly, I think they must have been written for me.

I celebrate with music, I mourn with music, I pray with music.

Music, to me, is nearly as essential as the air I breathe.

And I have the most eclectic taste in music…from rap to rock, from pop to jazz, from country to Christian…

So there is always some new, or new to me, music to discover, and to share with others.

Which is why I’ve decided to do just that here…each week, I’ll introduce you to just a bit of the music I’m loving at the moment…


Not so much "album reviews" although sometimes, that's exactly what it will be, but more "artist reviews" if you will...

To kick it off, this week, I’ll start with an album that’s been on constant replay on my mp3 player for a few weeks.

Bruno Mars.

It's very likely you've already heard of Bruno, or at the very least, you've heard one of his many songs on the radio.

Such as: "Just The Way You Are"




A beautiful ode to a woman, and her perfection, well...just as she is.


Or "Grenade":





A heartbreaking song of loving someone so much, you would do anything for them, even if they, in turn, seem to only abuse and under appreciate you.


And Bruno Mars has also collaborated with some great artists of today, such as, B.O.B. on "Nothin' On You"



and Travie McCoy on "Billionaire" (yes, THAT'S what you know him from).  Warning, the video below is the uncensored not for radio version and contains the F word.





All of these are great songs. But it's some of the lesser known unreleased songs from his album that I've got on constant replay..."Runaway" which is actually a GREAT running song, "The Other Side"...a little bit Michael Jackson "Thriller" a little bit "ode to Twilight", "Count on Me" a happy melody about being there for your friends, and my ultimate favorite "Talking to the Moon" a pretty ballad that showcases the range of his voice and emotion.


So there you have it...an artist I think you should check out.