The last few weeks have been a bit hectic for me, and I haven't been very good at replying to comments left here by my WONDERFUL readers and blog friends. There have been quite a few comments left, however, that I felt deserved either answers, or replies. Therefore, I'm using today's TT to address these commenters.
1. JennieBoo wanted to know what the kitty’s name was in my Wordless Wednesday this week. Her name is Luanda (named after the city in Africa I was born in) but she is actually my parents’ cat. I love this picture, it was one of those moments that you just "capture" and then are like "wow, she was really looking at me".
2. Frigga asked if I peel off the bandaid slowly or just rip it off (in response to this post. Dude, seriously, I'm not even sure what that means, but I'm sure the joke's on me. (Are the blonde roots showing here?)
3. Quite a few people enjoyed the pictures from my date with the New England Patriots (especially the butt shots), but Annie wanted to know if I live close to Boston. Yes, I live about 45 minutes north of Boston and up until about 4 years ago, actually commuted into the city for work everyday. I did love working in the city, but hated the commute, so now I work in the suburbs. I miss it though.
4. Frigga, who after my Thursday Thirteen last week, went on to read all of the posts I had listed (thanks girl!!), wanted to know who “Raven” was. This is Raven Symone, who has gained fame on the Disney Channel’s "That's So Raven", but is someone we’d know from the Cosby Show days, she played little Olivia…
5. Frigga also commented on this Prom Dressing post saying: "All that money on such little fabric to be worn for such a short period of time..." GIRL, that is exactly how I feel about wedding dresses (minus the “little fabric” part)…so much money for something you’ll only wear for a couple of hours…I just don’t see it.
6. Miss Frou Frou asked to be interviewed after reading my own interview post . Just wanted to let you know that I’m working on the interview questions, I’m hoping to have them for you early next week. If any of you would also like to be interviewed, please let me know!
7. Annie also asked to be interviewed…again, hope to have your questions by early next week. And don’t worry about the slow traffic on your blog, that’s what these memes are great for! We’ll send some readers your way! (I don’t get a whole lot of traffic either on non meme days, but the traffic I do get, is exceptional).
8. Lots of comments and compliments on my WW picture of the peacock…I have to fess up…I didn’t take that shot, my dad did. This is yet another of the pictures from my trip to Mexico with my family last year, and most of the pictures taken then were taken by dad. I did take a few I loved, but I didn’t have a digital camera then, so dad took most of them.
9. Qualcosa di bello commented on my Interview with a Blogger post by telling me (among other things) that she identified with my shoe fetish, and then teased me mercilessly by telling me her dad had been a shoe designer, and she had all these (as in over 300) shoes she no longer fits into. My question for you QDB…what size shoes are we talking about? And do you still have them?
10. Also got some wonderful comments on my post about my day off with mom for her birthday, and especially on the photo. Yes, that is my mother at about 19 years old, and me at about 8 months or so…mom was a beautiful girl, wasn’t she?
And I’m throwing a few in for comments to some of my posts on my other blog Creative Karina because well….this is my blog and I can do whatever I want:
11. Julia always has the greatest comments to give on my poetry. I love how in your comments you always make me see a piece of my work that I may not even have realized was there. I want to thank you for your insightful comments, they are much appreciated. In the comment for “The End”, you asked “still a flirtation, isn’t it?” Yes, in my mind, it still is a flirtation of sorts.
12. To all who commented on “Sinking Feeling”, please know that the poem was written in good humor, and I haven’t given up on the notion of “finding Mr. Right” just yet. Thank you for all your concern though!
13. And finally, because this entry is all about comments, I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who take the time to comment here. It is nice to know others are reading and identifying (or not) with what I have to say. Makes this big ol’ world seem just a little bit smaller (in a good way) to have that connection with other bloggers. THANKS. And if I’ve slacked on visiting and therefore commenting on your blogs, just know that thing will change, with the changing of the season, I’ll have more blog time after work.
Happy Thursday everyone.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!