This week's Fun Monday is being hosted by Tiggerlane.
She asked: Have you heard of The Bucket List? Well, that's what I want from you! Make a list of things you want to do before you die. It must be at least five items - and you can make it as long as you desire. Photos are optional. And let's hear about some of the wackiest, most bizarre to-do's on your Bucket List!
I actually just watched this movie a few weeks ago, (and reviewed it here if you're curious), and it did get me thinking about what sorts of things I'd put on my bucket list. There are MANY, but I'm in my early 30's, so there's a lot of things I haven't had the opportunity to do YET.
But, as I know you'll have lot's of reading to do today in your Fun Monday travels, I'll keep it short.
1. Adopt a child. - I really really want to do this in the next 10 years. I'm still not sure how it'll be feasible financially, but it's something I've always wanted to do, and now that I'm getting older, it's become something I'm actually beginning to think of a plan for. Therefore, it tops my list.
2. Hit certain must see travel spots. I could have said "Go to: Fill-in-the-blank", but the truth is, then I'd have five or six numbers with names of places I want to visit, so I figured I'd clump them together...Jamaica, Tuscany, Greece, Africa, Thailand, The Azores...those are the top spots.
3. Fall in love again. It's been a while since I've had that feeling of being completely in love with someone, and it's certainly something I'd like to experience again at some point in my life.
4. Get published. Whether it's by finishing my constant work-in-progress novel, or by putting together that book of poetry I keep meaning to compile, or even all those magazine articles I always have ideas for...I'd love to be a published author/writer one day.
5. Get a tattoo. I know, easy enough right? The thing is, my mom and I had a deal, from the time I was about 16 that the year I turned 30, and she turned 50 (same year), we would go out and get tattoos. Thing is, when that time came, I had nothing I felt strongly enough about to go out and get permanently inked with. I still don't. I REALLY want a tattoo, but, rack my brain as I might, I can't think of anything I'd want permanently. Maybe after I adopt that child.
6. Buy a pair of Manolo Blahniks. Yeah, yeah, superficial, I know. But the thing is, I love shoes. No, really, I LOVE SHOES. Everyone knows this about me. And Manolo's are pretty much the epidemy of a shoe. The shoe every shoe addicted female aspires to. The Holy Grail of shoes, if you will. But I'm not the sort of person to go out there and drop $500 (or way way more) on a pair of shoes. But one day...one day I will buy myself a pair of manolos. (This should probably happen before I adopt that child huh?)
Well, that's it. I know there are other things that definitely belong on this list, but you've got lots and lots of other Fun Mondayers to go read, as do I, and I've also got work to do.
Be sure to stop by Oooh, A Shiny Pen, who's offered to host next week, and find out what the topic will be then.