Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cafe Karina - American Idol - The first three finalists

Yesterday I gave you a quick recap of the live performances of the first twelve contestants. I held nothing back, told you who my favorites were, and who it was that I thought were less than stellar.

But, tonight it's not about what I think, it's about what America thinks. And for the record, I don't vote for American Idol contestants. Pretty much EVER unless I feel really strongly about someone. I just sit back, watch, share my opinions with you all, and hope America doesn't screw up too badly.

So, that being said, who will make it through tonight? Three people will make it to the top 12 this week. The guy and the girl with the highest votes, and the third highest vote getter. But that does not mean all hope is lost for the remaining 9, because there are 3 Wild Card spots left to be filled at the end of these three weeks, so they just need to sit tight and wait...

Let's get to the results, shall we? Ryan does his usual bit of stalling and torturing the contestants, but I'll skip right to who stays and who goes, because otherwise I might be forced to start talking about how much Tatiana annoys me and how Ryan's jokes about Simon aren't funny and just fall flat...so yeah, results...

Not making it to the top 12 tonight are Casey Carlson, Stephen Fowler.

The first one making it through is Alexis Grace, the girl with the rockstar name.

Also not making it through: Ricky Braddy and Jackie Tohn, and Anoop Desai.

Michael Sarver, the "roughneck" has made it through. (and here I say a little "YAY" because I love him).

So, there is one more spot left...so, America, what did you do? Did you do it right and put Danny Gokey through, or is the Sanjaya curse in full swing and has Tatiana made it over him? UGH...let's just get to it before I get sick thinking about it...

But first a quick visit from Michael Johns and Carly from last season, singing "The Letter". Hmmm...Michael Johns...yummy.

Back to the results, not making it through as well Stevie Wright, Brent Keith and Anne Marie Boskovitch.

Which leaves us right where I thought it would...with Danny Gokey and Tatiana Del Toro. SERIOUSLY? UGH...please let's just get it over with.

And I breathe a high sigh of relief, not just because Danny Gokey has made it through, but because the odds of Tatiana getting one of those three wildcard spots? Well, I sure hope they are slim...

There you go...That's American Idol this week.

No comments: