Monday, February 23, 2009

Bit of Randomness

Hello my dear readers, how are you all today? It is Monday night as I type this, and usually that would mean that I'd be writing up a Bachelor recap. However, tonight's episode is the "reality television" must-have recap episode prior to the finale. In Bachelor terms, this means a reunion of the girls who have been sent home for a "tell all". So, yes, I'm watching, but not much to recap here, so come on back next week for the recap of the finale.

In the meantime, I thought I'd take this opportunity to do a bit of housecleaning and talk to all of you a bit. It's been a little while since I've posted anything but Bachelor or American Idol recaps, and I feel like we just haven't "talked" in so long. Don't you?

As life will happen, things get busy and blogging seems to get left behind a bit. Still, I love this blogging community and don't think I'll ever stop blogging, because I'd miss you all too much. I'd miss the writing too much as well.

My decision at the beginning of this year was to stop trying so hard to be in control of everything, and just blog as I can...so yes, it means I'm posting less often, but hopefully it just means I'm being more honest with myself and writing only what I feel like writing, be it "fluff" about television shows, or more personal content.

SO, anyway, with that being said, let's talk about the personal stuff.

Dating: Yeah...not really much to report on this front. I took a big step a few weeks ago with the whole "asking GQ out on a date" thing, but he never followed through, so nothing ever happened there. And Coach? He's still adorable, and I totally still have a crush on him, but it's just eye candy at the gym. He's too young for me, and besides, it really is just harmless flirting between the two of us. At the moment, there are no other prospects, but don't count me out just yet, I'm just getting started.

Speaking of the gym, let's talk about that and my weight loss challenge. Because, I don't think I've quite reported back yet to tell you that I DID IT. Did what? I reached my goal. For a few weeks in a row now I've been able to step on a scale and have it read under 125lbs. Since my goal is to maintain between 120 and 125, I'm there! I can't even begin to tell you how absolutely exciting and amazing this trip has been for me. I have lost over 25 pounds since August 27, 2008. When I began this journey, I honestly did not think I'd make it here. I thought maybe I'd lose 10 pounds or so, and hey, that would be good, right? But to have gotten back to my college body? It's a dream, and I'm so thrilled to have done it. Now, of course, the challenge is to maintain it. So, even though I've made it, it's not over yet, in fact, this is just the beginning, isn't it? The beginning of my new lifestyle. So, although I'm back to eating a little less "strictly", I'm still (and forever) going to watch what I eat, and I'm definitely still hitting the gym, and making that a routine part of life. Right now I'm on a 26 day mission to work on my abs. Why 26 days?

WELL, I'm going on a cruise at the end of March, and I have 26 days to get this new "lighter" body to also be a little more toned, so that I can wear a bikini. This will be the first time since I was probably 12 years old that I'll be in a bikini, so I am on a serious mission to get some more definition in my abs. I'm not expecting miracles, just a little more tone. I'll let you know how that all works out. ;-)

Oh, you want to know about the cruise? My friend Traveller and I are taking a Caribbean cruise to San Juan, Puerto Rico, the Bahamas, St. Thomas and Turks and Caicos. I am insanely excited to be taking this trip, and can't wait to be lounging poolside on a cruise ship. It's been 7 years since the last time I took a cruise, and it was honestly one of my favorite vacations ever, so i can't wait. Of course, I will take lots of pictures, and lots of notes, so that I can come back and tell you all about it and share it all.

What else has been going on? Oh, I'm loving my new car. I've decided I'm definitely a "car" girl, not an "SUV" girl. Not much more to say about that except that yes, I do love it.

Everything else in life is good. Work is busier than normal, but this is a good thing, I like busy. My friends, my family, the church and the youth group keep me busy and happy and satisfied.

And then there's my writing. I'm still not writing at the level that I wanted to be at this point but I'm working toward it. And on that note, I have a new post up at Inspired Bliss today, and I'd love you to go check it out, if you would?

There you have it, a bit of what's going on in the life of Candid Karina. What's going on with you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. you're like, tiny. but i'm glad you met your goal. seems like everyone i know complains about how huge they are, but they're still taller than me and slimmer than me. maybe i'm missing the boat. but i did just have a baby and i'm 13 lbs under baby weight, so maybe that's why i dont give a crap. maybe i should post a picture and see what people think? hm....

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Wonderful catch-up post, Karina. Woo hoo about your weight triumph! And good to know you're doing some writing - I've been writing more methodically myself. Getting into that habit is not unlike shedding pounds.

I'm off to check out your Inspired Bliss.

Rebecca said...

Wow, you've done an amazing job on your diet and workout - good job!! Keep it up and you'll have the abs you want! :)