Monday, December 13, 2010

Popinjay - Distant


This week’s Popinjay prompt is “Distant”.

I had a hard time with this one. The weather has been pretty frightful, so I haven’t really been inspired to get out there and take photos…if it’s not nasty wet and rainy out, it’s downright frigid.


SO, I thought long and hard about what Distant means to me…and how to represent it in a photo…


Distant (according to Dictionary.com): 1. Far off or apart in space; not near at hand; remote or removed; 2. Apart or far off in time; 3. Remote or far apart in any respect; 4. Reserved or aloof; not familiar or cordial.


What kept resonating in my head was the phrase “a distant memory”…


So, I give you just that…a distant memory, times gone by, a sunnier, more relaxed time…


Summer at Lake Winnipesauke, and two swimmers getting ready (in full scuba gear) to swim for what seemed like HOURS while my friend and I relaxed on beach chairs...ahhhhh


Be sure to stop by Michelle's to see what other distant photos people came up with.

1 comment:

~michelle pendergrass said...

Wonderful :) I do love the beach and summer--but I love my snow and winter, too! LOL