I was tagged quite a long time ago by Ana at Eclectic Closet to do the 7 Random Things About me MeMe. Since I'd just done this same meme as well as the extensive 200 Things About Me posts right around the time I was tagged, I decided to hold onto this one for a later date. Well, hey now, it's a later date!
The Rules: 1) List 7 random facts about myself, 2) tag 7 people, and 3) leave a comment on their blog letting them know.
1. I'm can't wait to see the movie "27 Dresses". This is because I am that girl. I have been a bridesmaid 5 times, but have actually been asked to be a bridesmaid 7 times. Those two other times? I had to gracefully bow out of one very early on due to lack of finances, and the other wedding was called off. When previews for "27 Dresses" started showing up, all my friends started joking that this movie is totally about me, the eternal bridesmaid. Go ahead, you can laugh, I do.
2. When I was young, I suffered serious separation anxiety from my parents. They would go out to a movie and leave me at home with my grandmother (who lived with us, and who I loved dearly) and I would cry the entire time until they got home. This lasted pretty much until I was in first grade, and the first day of school I cried the whole day because I was away from home. I think there are still remnants of that left in me, I can never go too long without talking to my parents, something doesn't feel right if I do.
3. Even though I've never really given serious thought to being a mother, knowing that it'll happen one day, whether biologically or through adoption, but not focusing too heavily on it...I've already picked out my daughter's first and middle names. And no, I won't share them with anyone until the time comes.
4. I almost hate to admit it, but I'm a little sad today about the news of actor Heath Ledger's death. I only watched Brokeback Mountain recently, and I thought he was amazing in it, and found him to be a fantastic actor. The reason I say I hate to admit it is that as much as I you want to step away from the "Hollywood" stuff, it's always been one of my guilty pleasures, so when something tragic like this happens, I get all wrapped up in it. The fact that he has a little girl makes this one heartbreaking, and my prayers go out to his family and friends.
5. I have written more poetry and short stories and other creative works since starting Creative Karina last year, than I have in the 5 or 6 years prior to that. I had some crazy writer's block for all that time, and really believed that my life as a writer was done, that I wouldn't get it back. I'm so relieved that I seem to have found my muse again, and am extremely proud of the work I've created recently.
6. I'm wearing white pants today. They are "winter white", and The Nazi this morning said I looked "Springy" and that annoyed the crap out of me. Doesn't she know what winter white is? At times like this I miss working in the city, where fashion was actually something people appreciated. I'm a fashion fanatic and get annoyed that noone around here gets it.
7. I still haven't had a pb&j sandwich...EVER...
Well, there you have it. Random enough for you? Now to tag seven others.
I'm going to go with:
1. Frigga (because she always seems so happy when she gets tagged);
2. LilMouse (because then I can learn some about her);
3. The Ex (because, although I'm pretty sure she hates being tagged, and will probably ignore my tag and/or complain that I tagged her, I think her answers could be hillarious with her wry sense of humor);
4. Beckie (because she just came back from a short blogging break, so I figure I'd give her something to write about on those days she doesn't feel like coming up with her own topic);
5. Jannis (because I also want to know more about her and her travels throughout Spain);
6. Isolda (because she's new to blogging, and a very good friend of mine, so I want to get her "out there");
7. Wicked H (because she's a busy bee, so a meme might be something she'll enjoy doing right now).
I know some folks hate memes, so if you don't want to do, then hey, don't do it. ;-) Trust me, I won't be offended, I just wanted to throw it out there.
Now, Whisper Wednesday has begun at The Firm once again, so I'm going to close my office door and turn up my music. You all have a great day, won't you?