Having the day off work on Monday, I undulged a bit, allowing myself to spend the day surrounded by some of my "Guilty Pleasures". So, on that note, for today's TT list I give you Thirteen of my Not-So Guilty Pleasures.
1. Staying in my pajamas ALL DAY, drifting around the house from couch, to kitchen, to computer, back to couch. (As I did on Monday)
2. Blogging and bloghopping. Being part of this community is certainly a pleasure. Guilty only because I spend way too much time doing it when I should probably be doing other things.
3. Gossip Girl, the tv show and other "teenybopper" type shows (remember the O.C.?) I can't help it.
4. McDonald's Breakfast Burritos.
5. Celebrity gossip.
6. Make-up. I'm obsessed with make-up, buying it, trying new kinds, playing "up" my eyes, covering up my blemishes, making it look like I'm not wearing any make-up when I am...etc.
7. My new Sanseo coffee machine and the UNBELIEVABLY good coffee it makes. I used to drink coffee because I needed a caffeine boost in the mornings, now I anticipate that cup of coffee and savor every second of it.
8. Cheese. All kinds of cheese, any kind of cheese, at any time, with anything, or by itself. Oh, how I love me some cheese.
9. lifehouse, the band, the music. If I'm down, it cheers me up, if I'm angry, it calms me down, if I'm happy, it takes me to a whole other level. I haven't had a love affair with a particular band and/or musisican like this since my New Kids on the Block days. Only now, it truly is about the music.
10. Speaking of which, Donnie Wahlberg, Mark Wahlberg, or any of the teen idols I grew up plastering my walls with. I get a (not so) secret pleasure out of seeing them in new projects today.
11. Tivo. This one is obvious to anyone who knows me even a little bit, but coming home and checking what Tivo has decided I might want to watch is definitely one of my secret (again, not so anymore) pleasures.
12. Sneaking off for a drive to go take pictures, when nobody knows what I'm doing. I say I need to go "run errands" and I drive around looking for photo ops. I'm almost giddy with the covertness of it all.
13. My love affair with Blueberry, my fish. I realize most people think fish are the bottom of the barrell in terms of pets, but my little guy has a personality all its own, and I get such joy out of his antics. Since most folks wouldn't get it, I keep that mostly to myself.
There are so many more...I realized as I was writing this list that I've managed to create a life for myself in which I allow myself to enjoy the little things. So, although they may seem like "Guilty" pleasures, I don't feel so guilty about them. Well, except maybe for Gossip Girl. x0xo