Sunday, April 20, 2008

Feeding my soul

Had a wonderful weekend, just the stuff I needed to recharge the batteries for the upcoming week. On Saturday I spent the morning and early afternoon with a group of friends from my church preparing food and then feeding the poor at the local YMCA. From there I met up with Shoppaholic and helped her move the last of her stuff into her new apartment.

A day spent helping others did wonders to help me gain some perspective about what's really important in life.

It may also have exposed me to a potential job prospect...but I'll find out more about that this week.

Tomorrow begins the job hunt in earnest. My first day of unemployment kicks off on Patriot's Day which is a holiday locally, but since The Firm will actually be open, it does feel somewhat like I'm officially unemployed. At the moment, since I have faith that I will find a new job soon, I'm just enjoying it for what it is...a much needed vacation.

I'll be back tomorrow with some Fun Monday stuff.

7 comments:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Enjoy the day, Karina. And thanks for confirming the Dale Chihuly piece.

I myself have a job interview this Wednesday - I'm interviewing for the position I'm currently in. I'm trying not to be nervous about it, but so much depends upon it. I'm keeping myself positive and I'm picturing myself as the permanent employee.

Beckie said...

Wouldn't that be serendipitous if the job lead worked out!? Sounds like you had a good weekend.

j said...

Best of luck in your job search. I hope that you do get rested in your between jobs break!

Jennifer

Jo Beaufoix said...

Good luck with the job hunting Karina. Take care.

Rebecca said...

I know this isn't the right perspective here, but I'm a little jealous. I hit the snooze button 5 times this morning - a vaca doesn't sound so bad right now ;-)

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Lots of positive EVERYTHING coming your way :)

Pamela said...

holding you up--- in my heart -- that this will turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread. (I know.. I know.. that's a saying that none of this generation would ever understand. I just barely do)