Actually, that headline is deceiving. I'm having a wonderful day so far. It's Patriot's Day, which here in Massachusetts means it's a holiday for most businesses, and also Boston Marathon Day. It is also my first official "unemployment" day, since The Firm is open today.
I have spent the morning re-arranging my home office, to make it more conducive for me to actually sit IN my home office while I look for jobs in the coming weeks or so. I moved my desk in front of my window, so I can sit and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine while I work.
I am not quite done with the office yet, but decided I should take a break to focus on some actual job searching. Which I am about to do as soon as I hit "publish" on this post.
Which means that I simply don't have the time to put together a complete Fun Monday post. However, I really love the idea that Southern Doll came up with this week,so I wanted to at least attempt to participate.
So, here's the assignment: What have you done in your life that was worth doing? I want to know the moments in your life that you hope will be the ones to pass through your mind when your time comes. I hope that doesn't sound too morbid. This doesn't necessarily have to be items you have checked off your Bucket List, it can be those small moments that made you smile, or the time you got that huge promotion you deserved, or the first time your baby smiled at you out of pure joy. I want to know all the moments, big and small, that make life sweet! If you don't already have a running list of these in your mind, you should! These moments help you remember how much your life is worth living, and we all deserve to enjoy it.
And here are some real quickies from me:
1. Becoming a Big Sister to Lil' K
2. Buying my condo
3. Graduating college
4. Working in Boston
5. Leaving my job in Boston to work closer to home and focus on the "rest" of my life.
6. Spending as much time with my grandma as I did before she was gone.
7. Traveling to all the places I went to before I had a mortgage
8. Changing the relationship with my parents from that of a child to that of a friend.
9. Building the amazing friendships I have.
10. Letting go of the so-called friendships that were only destroying me little by little.
11. Learning to love myself.
12. Accepting that single does not mean lonely.
13. Allowing myself to fall in love with "The Soulmate", even when I knew in the end, he'd break my heart.
Wow, for a quick list, I went on and on, didn't I? It seems once I started, I kept thinking of new things. I'm sure I could come up with about a zillion more, but I have job searching to do.
OH, real quick though...last week I asked if anyone knew what the "pop culture" reference was for my title for Fun Moday "Five by Five". Nobody got it, but I bet most of you will do a "duh, I knew that!" as soon as I reveal it. "Five by Five" was what Faith the Vampire Slayer would say to let everyone know she was okay on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". "Five by Five, B." ;-) Yep, I'm a geek.
Have a great Monday everyone.