Thursday, July 26, 2007



Thirteen Things Karina
Will Be Doing This Weekend

In honor of my mini-vacation, which starts promptly

at 5:31 PM tonight and ends at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday,

this is what I will be doing:

1. Going to my parents’ house tonight, to celebrate dad’s birthday. Not that this is any different from what I do every night lately, but there will be pool time and dad will be grilling. Hey, it’s his birthday, we asked him what he wanted to do, he picked staying home and grilling.

2. Going home to pack for my weekend away in New York City, for my friend Ms. B’s wedding.

3. Getting up early on Friday morning and driving to New York City.

4. Meeting up with my friend Foxy, who I have known for seven years through a “yahoo” group, but have never met in person. This truly is cool, because I know these girls (my “yahoo girls”) better than some of my “real life” friends, so I’m looking forward to meeting them. We will be sharing a hotel room this weekend, so we’ll check in, and hang out, maybe go to Times Square, as I believe Foxy has never been to NYC.

5. Going out to dinner and then, most exciting of all, going to see “Grease” on Broadway. This is the show they recently cast for in the reality show “Grease, You’re The One That I Want”, which was a guilty pleasure for both Foxy and I, so we’re psyched to get to see it live.

6. Heading back to the hotel, and meeting up with the bride to be, since Foxy and her have also never met in person so they can meet and we can hang out for a while before Ms. B’s big day. (Ms. B and I met in person quite a few years ago, and even took a cruise together about 5 years ago, for the record).

7. Probably lounging by the pool in the hotel most of Saturday morning, unless Foxy wants to do more sightseeing, either option is a good one for me.

8. Meeting our third “yahoo” friend, Bubbly, who is coming in around 1PM on Saturday, and again, which none of us have yet met in person.

9. Getting ready for, and then attending the wedding, and the reception. I am especially looking forward to this wedding, because it is the first wedding in about 6 years (and about as many weddings) that I am going to that I am actually NOT in the wedding party. It’ll be nice to be just a guest at one of these things.

10. Heading back to the hotel for an after party with all of the wedding party, friends and family.

11. Hanging out in the city with the girls until they both have to catch their flights home, then heading home myself.

12. Sleeping in on Monday to recover from what I expect will be a busy and exhausting weekend.

13. Enjoying my extra day off work by hopefully heading to mom’s pool (if the weather co-operates) and lounging, and FINALLY having some time to read Harry Potter, hopefully cover to cover. OH, and if anyone posts any spoilers in the comments section, I will hunt you down and hurt you…I’m just saying! Someone already tried to ruin the book for me yesterday and barely escaped with their life. I promise a free-for-all Potter discussion post once I’m done reading.







The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy but fun time! I can't wait to read all about it when you get back :o)

tommie said...

sounds like an awesome weekeend!

happy TT

Beckie said...

Ditto what Joy said (becuase really it was what I was going to say, but then I read what she said and....)

Have a great time!

BTW - I did the moaning Meme

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! How great that you get to meet up with your Yahoo girls. :D Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really busy vacation. Hope you have tons of fun!

Please visit my TT this week. Its 13 of many awesome prizes you could win in a contest that benefits a very special little boy named Parker.

Happy TT!

The Rock Chick said...

I haven't read even one Harry Potter book so I know I'm safe with my comments here!!

Sounds liek an awesome weekend. Yesterday for Wordless Wednesday I saw a couple of wedding pictures and I realized how long it has been since I've been to a wedding! It's so cool you'll be doing all those things and meeting all those people! That's a lot! You probably should have taken Tuesday off, too!!

I have a special TT today about everything happening on my blog on Saturday for Blogathon 2007! Hope you'll stop by!

Happy TT!
Jessica The Rock Chick

Unknown said...

I haven't been to NYC since 1998 (or was it 1999)? I was in college anyway and our campus was selected to go to the taping of the David Letterman show. We only spent the weekend there, but it was awesome! Hope you have a great time! :)

Found your site on TT--mine is up as well. Happy vacation!

Suprina said...

I have never been to NYC.
I love going to weddings.
Hope you have a great Mini-Vacation!

Rebecca said...

You wore me out just reading all that! But wow, it sounds like a very fun weekend :P
Happy TT13

Rebecca said...

:-) I'm back to let you know I finally posted the result to my Would You Ever Q's. I hope you're off having fun :P