Well, I have been tagged again, by my buddy JennieBoo at OSOMOLOVE. Somehow she knew I'd enjoy this "unusual" meme...hmm...am I so obvious in my cynicism about the world? I'll have to work on that!
Actually, I really do try to live my life focusing on the positive and not stressing about the negative. I'm a firm believer that life is WAY too short to waste any of it being negative. But, like everyone, I have my bad days, and I have my pet peeves...stick around here long enough, and soon you'll know what really pushes my buttons. But I digress...back to the meme...
Here's the deal, The Freelance Cynic created this meme. He says:
"If you've ever listened to people talking on a bus you'll know that most of what they say is negative. They talk about things they hate, people that annoy them and boyfriends that let them down before they even think about mentioning the 'nice things.'
All of us do it. We find it natural, when with a friend, to moan.In fact a recent study has shown that the most effective form of human bonding is moaning and gossiping.Yet our blogs, the social tools of the 21st century, are populated by memes listing our 'favourites,' or our 'blessings,' or our 'funniest' moments. In our efforts to be readable we have denied others the one thing that makes us interesting - our whining, moaning, complaining selves.And so I am pleased to present the first ever Moaning Meme! The meme that will teach us all a bit more about each other and ourselves.It's time to spread some Personality... "
So, there you have it, a free ticket to be a downer! How could I EVER turn this down?
The Moaning Meme
5 people who will be annoyed you tagged them. (This one is tough, because I see a few of my intended Tagees have already been tagged...so let's see, I'm going with some of my favorite bloggers and commenters)
2. Miss Frou Frou
5. Literary Feline
(I tagged people who I thought would do the meme, but it is by no means limited to only them! Be part of something new - Spread some moans!)
4 things that should go into room 101 and be removed from the face of the earth.
Karina's note: I'm going to skip the obvious "serious" answers, and go with
more fun ones here.
1. Anyone who's ever appeared on "Flavor of Love" - how much of a disservice to the women's movement does that show do? ugh
2. Crocs or whatever those ugly ass shoes are called...I honestly think they are the ugliest things invented and can't believe grown adults wear them in public.
3. High interest rates on credit cards. Highway robbery, and I still don't get how some of these rates are even legal.
4. Rosie O'Donnell. I'm sorry, I just don't get it okay?
3 things people do that make you want to shake them violently.
1. Skinny girls who say "I can't go in the pool, I don't wear a bathing suit in public". Listen you stick, if my fat ass can get in a bathing suit, then yours certainly can.
2. People who've NEVER had to deal with a weight problem trying to tell me how to eat.
3. People who leave their shopping carts in the middle of the aisle in a supermarket, blocking the passage for anyone who walks by, and then stand there obvlivious to how ignorant they are.
2 things you find yourself moaning about.
1. Lack of time, there's never enough to do everything I want to do.
2. How much I just want to be able to eat pasta alfredo, or a steak and cheese sub.
1 thing the above answers tell you about yourself.
1. I'm hungry and should go out and get lunch now.
RULES:*Link to the original meme at FreelanceCynic.com so people know what it's all about!*Be as honest as possible, This is about letting people get to know the real you!*Try not to insult anyone - unless they really deserve it or are very, very ugly! *Post these rules at the end of every meme!Finally remember, cynical is sexy. At least that's what I'm hoping...
I've been loving this "moaning Meme" from the Freelance Cynic! The responses I've read have been hysterical, and well, I adore a good rant!!!
I don't get the Rosie thing either! I must be missing something because I find her to be a completel untalented, uninteresting loudmouth. She is not funny and if you read her blog, well, it's weird. I don't get it.
Great job with this! I really enjoyed it!!
Jessica The Rock Chick
WhoooHooo!!! Thanks! :-) I totally get you on the shopping carts ugh!
Now I'm all excited... but I have to wait 'till I'm not at work :P
Great tag - this may take a few days to get up on my blog, because my aunt and uncle are in town and we're painting it red! I laughed at your comment about the Sticks not getting into their bathing suits.
"Rosie O'Donnell. I'm sorry, I just don't get it okay?"
I don't think you're alone there. Loving it. Very well done :)
Phew! I finally got it up!
Rosie O'Donnell? I totally get her and I love her. LOL Always different I am. Now if you'll excuse me, I better go move that shopping cart I have in the middle of the aisle :o) Loved this Moaning Meme!
I agree with you. Crocs are ugly, but they're so dern comfy!
Rosie? What's the deal?
Supermarket aisle "HOGS"! BBQ 'em!
Skinny tail chicks in bathing suits: let's shoot 'em with some marshmallow creme!
EAT! We only live a short time in this life. Heaven's forever!
Post a Comment