A close second for best of 2007 for me, for completely different reasons was a movie I just saw about a week ago on HBO, and that was Alpha Dog.
I couldn't get enough of this show, and can't wait until it comes back. Let's hope the writer's strike doesn't make us have to wait too long!
7. Best Concert: I didn't actually go to any live concerts this year, so I'm sort of cheating with this one, however, I did get to watch the Justin Timberlake concert on HBO, and that boy can sure put on a show. I'll give this one to him. I became a JT fan this year, and this concert certainly had something to do with it.
8. Best Musical/Theatre Production: I did, however, get to see "Grease" on Broadway. What a great production that was! With Sandy and Danny being cast on the reality show "Grease, You're the One that I Want" which was one of my guilty pleasures on t.v. this year, it was fun to be able to see them carry out the performances they won in the show.
9. Speaking of reality shows, my pick for Best Reality Show this year goes to "So You Think You Can Dance". The talent on this season of the show was unbelievable, and it was a thrill to watch each week.Here again is my favorite routine from this season:
10. One more television related pick - Best Documentary: The Planet Earth Series. Did anyone watch these? They were beautiful, fascinating and informative. I think everyone should watch these.
11. Best Gadget: My pick for favorite gadget this year? My new cell phone, the Fusic by LG, because this thing does it all. It's a phone, a camera, a gps, an mp3 player, web surfing tool, and it even washes the dishes. Well, okay, it doesn't wash the dishes, but it does everything else.
12. Best Toy: my favorite toy this year? It's my little secret that I haven't told you all about yet. About a month ago I inherited my brother's old Playstation 2, no, not so I could play video games, because let's face it, I don't have time for video games, but so that I could have my own in-home gym. What in the world am I talking about, you ask? I bought myself Dance Dance Revolution, and if you have played it, you KNOW what a workout it is. If you haven't? You simply must.Check out this kid and how crazy good he is:
13. Best Post: Time for a little shameless self-promotion, my pick for my best post this year here on Candid Karina? That's a tough one, picking a "best", so I'm sort of cheating here...I'm going to refer you to THIS POST, where I...uh...refered you to some of my favorite posts. (I know, totally cheating).
And there you have it, my year end list. Happy Thursday everyone.