Tuesday, December 04, 2007

5 Post Meme

I've been tagged by Sognatrice with the 5 Post Meme. I figured that since yesterday's Fun Monday was about going back to an old post, I'd stick with that theme and do this Meme today.


The rules:

Post 5 links to 5 of your previously written posts. The posts have to relate to the 5 key words given below (family, friend, yourself, your love, anything you like).
Tag 5 other friends to do this meme. Try to tag at least 2 new acquaintances (if not, your current blog buddies will do) so that you get to know them each a little bit better.
Don’t forget to read the archived post and leave comments.

So, here we go:

Family

I decided to go with this post about my brother. I have a new post about him that I'm working on, for his birthday this year, so I figured I should tell you all al ittle bit more about him before that post. I like this post quite a bit, so, here you go: Ode to Shortstuff. You can see other posts about my family in the "Family" category on my left column here.

Friends

There were a couple of posts I could have gone with for this one. I thought about going with this Fun Monday entry, or this one about my "hot" cousin, or even this one about my college friends, but, in the end, I picked this one:

What about your friends? Because I had fun writing this one, and well, I want to know if you have any of these friends yourselves, and if you have any to add.

You can see more friendly posts in the Friends category.

Yourself

Another tough one to choose. You can learn all about me by reading my 200 Things About Me posts. But, for a little more in depth look at me, I'm going to go with Marriage or Martinis. I wrote this post two years ago, and interestingly enough, not a whole lot has changed since then. I'm still single, I'm still not sure about dating, marriage, or any of those things, and I'm still pretty darn happy with the life I lead.

Your Love

This one was a little bit tougher, because...well...see above..I'm still single. I could have gone with some of the recent "All The Boys I've Loved" posts, but instead, I took some liberties here and went with a different sort of love. I decided to go with the kind of love you can only get from a child, that unconditional, no holds barred, one of a kind love. I don't have any kids of my own, but LilK, my "little sister" through Big Brother Big Sister, has been about as close as it gets for the last almost 7 years. Here's something I wrote for our 6 year "Anniversary".

Anything you like

Well, that's more like it! Here's one of my favorite posts, about one of my favorite topics. No, not shoes, not this time. Poetry. You can read some of my poetry on my other blog "Creative Karina".

That was fun, traipsing through my past posts. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Now, for the tagging part.

The meme said to try and tag at least two new acquaintances...I figured why not make all five new acquaintances? So, here are a few ladies who's blogs I've just started to frequent:

Robin (the Pensieve One)

Blue Momma

Tiggerlane

Junebug

Lisa

There you go.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

SOunds like fun! I'll probably post mine on Friday or Saturday as tomorrow is Wordless Wednesday and Thursday I have to tell about our tree gathering. :)

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Yeah! Can't wait to read them!

Rebecca said...

Okay, I'll have to come back when I have the time... :-)

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I love Robert Frost's description of poetry, but I feel more kinship to Gwendolyn Brook's version - 'Poetry is life distilled.'

Wonderful meme, wonderful Christmas avatar and banner! Ho, Ho, Ho, Karina!

Junebug said...

I sent you an email asking you a question about this. I will be glad to do this meme. :D

Tiggerlane said...

Wow! This sounds like a fun one! I will have to dig thru previous posts, and this is another good excuse to bring forth some of those older ones - thanks!

Karina said...

Lisa, no rush, whenever you get to it, it'll be fun to read.

Sognatrice, thanks for tagging me on this one, it was a lot of fun to do.

Frigga, any time, they'll be here.

Julia, I'll have to tell my tale of the day I read a poem to Gwendolyn Brooks...seriously! Talk about a surreal experience.

Junebug, I'm glad I was able to help you.

Tiggerlane, like I said to Lisa, whenever you get to it, no rush.

Unknown said...

Got it done, it's up. :)