Thursday, October 30, 2008

Battle of The Bulge - 3/4 of the way there!

Yeah yeah, I know, I know...I've been a very bad blogger, haven't posted anything ALL WEEK long and didn't even post my Battle of the Bulge post last week. I'm sorry about that, but well, things have been a bit hectic.

Anyway, I won't waste your time on my lame excuses, I'll just get right to the post.

Last week, Week 8 on Jenny Craig, I didn't have the most fantastic week. Lost 0.6 lbs. Still a loss, but not a major one. This week, week 9, was a bit of a crazy week for me schedule wise so I was feeling that I'd probably reached a sort of plateau with my weight, and wouldn't see a change when I stepped on the scale.

Well, color me surprised when I stepped on that scale, because I lost 1.6 lbs. this week. In case you haven't been keeping track (because, really, why would you?) that brings yours truly to a 15 lb. weight loss in 9 weeks. HOLY CRAP! That's crazy insane goodness if you ask me. I'm doing a little happy dance even as I type this.

Also, we took measurements. Now, as much as I love you all, I'm not about to put my measurements out there for the whole world to see. Sorry, just won't do it. But I will tell you this, I've dropped two inches off my bust, 4 inches off both my abs and hips and 6 inches off my waist...SIX FREAKIN' INCHES!!! Can you stand it?

I'm now 5 lbs from my initial goal, which means 10 from what I've decided is my final goal. I now officially weigh almost what I did in my mid 20's. I can't be 100% sure on all that because back then I was skinny so I didn't believe in scales, but I'm pretty sure I'm almost there.

BUT I've taken an additional step and joined a gym yesterday. I start my workouts tomorrow night, so get ready to hear me complain about pain...uh, I mean to hear me talk about how great I feel physically. Yeah, that's it, that's what I meant.

Check in next week to see how I did at the gym, and what the scales have to say about that.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

A word to the wise: start GENTLY so that you don't get discouraged when you're so sore you can't move!

No, don't ask me how I know. =P

qualcosa di bello said...

i am sooooooooooooooo happy for you!!!