Friday, October 17, 2008

Welcome to PleasantVille - Population...Expanding

Remember that movie? Remember how perfect everything was, before those obnoxious little teenagers showed up and started screwing around with everyone’s hearts and minds? Alright, sure, you could technically say that even though everything “seemed” perfect on the surface, it really wasn’t, and that’s the true lesson of the movie, but then you’d be just like those annoying little teenagers. They didn’t KNOW it wasn’t perfect, so they were perfectly happy in their imperfect lives. Ignorance is bliss and all that, right?

Whatever…the point is that they were unaware of the “bad stuff” and focused only on the good. Living in today’s society, it is easy to imagine how living in a “perfect”, Pleasantville like world might seem tempting.

But since we don’t really have the option of crossing over into that world, and since we’d probably screw it all up like those obnoxious little teenagers anyway, I suppose it’s up to us to make THIS world a little more pleasant instead. Don’t you think?

Shelly at “This Eclectic Life” seems to think so, and she’s trying to spread this optimism virus through these here interwebs. And I’ve decided to join the cause.

So, starting today, every Friday here at Candid Karina will be “Only the Good Friday” and I will post only something good, something positive, something uplifting…something pleasant.

If you would like to join us in spreading the positive vibe, please visit Shelly’s blog and let her know you’re joining in.

It’s so easy to spread negativity throughout the world wide web…let’s focus on spreading the positive stuff instead.

Because I just decided to jump on this party wagon last minute, my good for today is going to be a series of random thoughts, tidbits, and information.

1. For some seriously uplifting posts, by a fabulous group of women who inspire and amaze me every day, take a moment and peruse Inspired Bliss (of which I happen to be a contributor), won’t you?

2. Like music? Like free music? Like free music legally? I discovered this website, Spiral Frog, a few weeks ago that lets you download music completely legally, due to some agreement or other they have with certain record labels. I’ll be honest, I’m not entirely sure how it all works, besides the fact that it has something to do with advertising revenue, but hey, it’s free. They don’t have “everything”, but poke around a bit and you’ll see that they’re selection is not bad at all.

3. Like to laugh? Do yourself a favor and click this link…watch this “skit” of Dennis Quaid on the Ellen DeGeneres show. I can’t post the actual video here for some reason, but trust me, you WANT to watch this. Probably the funniest bit I’ve ever seen on her show. I seriously laughed so much I nearly peed my pants. I know you didn’t need to know that, but seriously….go watch it: Ellen (there are two parts to the video, and it just gets funnier and funnier, so do yourself a favor and watch this one too: Ellen2. You will not regret it…

That’s it, that’s my good for today…Hope you enjoyed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely "perfect," Karina! Thank you so much for helping me spread this virus. Here's hoping that we all contract it!

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

What a neat idea! I'll have to check it out.

Karina said...

Shelly, No problem, I was happy to participate, I think it's a GREAT idea!

Karla, I hope you will join us!