Well, I've gotten my very first ever meme tag by Twitter. I'll have to share with you my love affair with Twitter in another post, but for now, let's tackle the tag...
Lisa of Put It on the List has tagged me with the Six Things Meme. I've actually done this meme before here, and a variation of it with the 7 things, 8 things and even 5 things all over my blog. But, if you don't know by now...I sort of love talking about myself (uh, I'm a blogger after all), so, what the heck, let's do it again!
So, here's what I'm supposed to do. I'm supposed to tell you 6 things about me that nobody knows. UH...see, the thing is...I don't really have any secrets. My life is like an open book, especially on this here blog. So, I'm going to try...
1. I haven't had cheese in 6 weeks. Now, I'm a self-proclaimed cheese-a-holic, I could eat an entire thing of cheese in one sitting, so this is quite the amazing feat, but as part of Jenny Craig, with the exception of a few "cheese-like" ingredients in their prepared meals, I haven't touched cheese in 6 weeks.
2. Today I feel skinny. I'm still only half-way to my goal weight, but today, I've actually tucked my shirt INTO my pants, and don't feel the need to hide my belly. Crap, I feel thinner, if not skinny.
3. I want to start dating again. There, I said it. It's been a long time, and I'm ready. It's time.
4. Sometimes, I get insanely self-conscious and insecure and wonder if everyone things I'm a big fake. I have the most amazing friends, but sometimes, I wonder if they "just put up with me" or if they genuinely like me. I wonder if I can really be as great as they all make me feel I am.
5. Over the last few years, I've developed a green thumb of sorts. I used to kill all plants that ever crossed my threshhold, but lately, I've managed to not only keep some alive, but to actually revive a few and bring them back from the nearly dead. I'm kind of proud of this.
6. I want a dog. No, I'm not getting one. I don't have the lifestyle to be a pet owner right now, but I want one. BADLY!
Okay, that's it, that's my six. Now I'm supposed to tag six people, but I've been a very bad blogger lately, so I feel badly going out and tagging folks I haven't visited in a while...so I'm going to cut the list short at four instead:
1. PBNJM - my cousin and bestie forever and ever.
2. Julia - and yes, I realize I owe her a few memes she's tagged me for as well (I promisse, they're in the works).
3. Frigga - who's posts I miss reading, man, I've got some catching up to do!!!
4. Frances - because I know she's always up for a meme or two!!
I love your list -- and love it that you're able to come up with six things. Man, that was tough for me. Loved your list! And I don't know you well, but I think you're cool. So there.
Is it twitter or IB that keeps us from reading blogs? Because I haven't done much regular blog reading lately either. Bad blogger!
i've given myself permission to have cheese again, because it has calcium in it and thats good for the baby. guess once the baby comes i wont have that excuse anymore, but still. its nice to just eat something you want, even a little bit if you want it, instead of restricting yourself.
also i havent been able to tuck in a shirt forever it seems --and now my belly is showing underneath my shirts, mostly, because my pregnant belly is shoving my pants down. lovely.
Great list. :) I bet you do feel skinny and I'm sure it feels good, if only I could. . .
Go for the dating, it'll be fun! :) You can borrow my doggies. :)
Wow, you and I are so the same with that # 5. It used to be that I could kill a plant merely by looking in its general direction, but now I'm all green thumbs and compost piles and bringing lifeless plants back from the dead.
As for # 4, think about it this way: Do you have great friends? Are the awesome? Are the totally and completely amazingly wonderful people? Then why would they waste their time with you if they thought you were a fake. The simple fact that your amazingly wonderful friends want to surround themselves with you prooves that you are also amazingly wonderful! :)
Oh and yes, I'll totally post this, hopefully before the end of this week :)
P.S. NO CHEESE? Have you completely and totally lost your mind, or just your taste buds? :-0
I saw your post and the tag...but I don't have many secrets and the ones I have I don't want to divulge...it'll take me a bit to try to figure it out!! Give me a few days.
LOL! It's tag-a-lishious lately for me...!
I'm with you as far as cheese goes. Mmm mmm, cheese. Congrats on staying away from it. And congrats on your new eating style. Thanks for posting those pics lately - you look mahvellous, Dahling.
Cheese I could give up, but I've had to renounce bacon and it's killing me...so I feel for you. As for dating, you should get a dog instead lol! You might get one anyway! I envy the green thumb. I used to have one, but all I can keep alive is aloe vera. Want to adopt some? I have a houseful.
I like your list.
WhooHooo!! I posted mine! :) Happy Friday!! :)
Post a Comment