Thursday, October 16, 2008

Battle of the Bulge - This one is MINE!


Another week has gone by in the Battle of the Bulge, and ladies and gents, I'm SO winning this one.
I'm on week three of Amber's Challenge, but week 7 on Jenny Craig.
This past week was indeed a bit challenging for me, and before I stepped on the scales at the Jenny center last night, I wasn't feeling entirely positive about my results. On Saturday we took our youth group to Six Flags New England, and although I made the best choices possible, with the options available to me for food, it was hard to stick to the Jenny plan at an amusement park...or so I thought. I also had a pretty haphazard weekend in terms of my schedule, so sticking to the plan was nearly impossible. So, I wasn't too sure I'd managed a weight loss last week, and was prepared to see a very small change (if any change at all) on that scale.
So imagine my surprise, not to mention my elation, when I stepped on the scale and had lost yet another 2 lbs. That's right folks, I'm kickin' ass in this battle, and the bulge is LOSING!
I am now at a weight loss of 12.8 lbs, with a mere 6.6 lbs. to go toward my goal. OH, I will get there!
This week I plan to stick to the plan again as much as possible (a few events this weekend may cause me to stray just a wee bit), and kick up the exercise, because that should help balance out the few glasses of wine or what not I plan on having Saturday night. (But that's a story for another post, you think?)
That's where I am...check in with ya next week!

10 comments:

a Knitting Junkie! said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Woo-hooo, you go girl! Sometimes it actually helps when you get off track because it keeps your body guessing. When it gets used to the same ol' thing it adjusts and alot of times that is when you hit a plateau. Of course, I am not recommending that you go off track on purpose, but just that you shouldn't get discouraged when it happens that circumstances get you off track. As for me, I just hit an all-time high weight-wise and started following the Weight Watchers program. Good luck to you!

PBNJM said...

YEAH!!! You might just have to go out and get a special little red number for New Years!! I got myself one already.

Tiggerlane said...

IMPRESSIVE! Okay, I've been "counting calories," since October 6th. Keeping under 1500 a day, and no exercise. I have been pleasantly pleased with a three-pound drop..but SO FAR to go...fifteen more pounds. So, I'm gonna start the exercise NEXT WEEK!

I'm inspired!

Anonymous said...

You GO girl! Keep up the hard work.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Impressive to get through an amusement park and still make better choices.

Karina said...

Knitting Junkie, Thanks! I think that "jolting" the body with a change thing is so true. I was thinking the same thing, not to get off track, but once in a while, I should "switch things up" to see what happens! lol

PBnJM, THAT little red dress? It's exactly my goal and motivation...that's what the plan is anyway! ;-) Can't wait to rock that out on New Year's!

tiggerlane, there you go, that's the way to do it. I am just really amping up the exercise now. Slow and steady wins the race, isn't that what they say? ;-)

Susan, thanks girl!

Julia, yeah, I was kind of shocked myself! ;-)

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Awesome girl! Woohoo!!!!!!!

Hallie @ Moxie Wife said...

You're inspiring me! :)

Karina said...

Michelle, Thanks! ;-)

Betty, thanks...don't tell anyone, but sometimes, I inspire myself because I have NO IDEA how it is that I'm sticking to this so strictly! hahaha

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Way to go - you'll be at your goal before you know it! :)