Friday, May 08, 2009

Only The Good Friday - It's all so sweet


Hey everyone, IT’S FRIDAY!!!

You know what that means? That’s right, it’s time for us to spread the optimism around the interwebs.

On Fridays I, along with a small (but growing) group of bloggers strive to post only positive posts. We dedicate at least this one day every week to being positive. As
Shelly (the mastermind behind OTGF) would put it, to not being “snarky”. We save those posts for the other days.

So, today, I started writing this post not really sure what “good stuff” should share with you. Not because I couldn’t think of anything good, but because I’ve been doing NaBloPoMo this month, and been writing a post a day, and I’ve already told you all kinds of good stuff this week.

Saturday and Sunday I gave you two good reviews, a
movie and a book respectively. Monday I thanked you all for the GOOD you did when you sponsored me for the March of Dimes walk I did this past weekend. Tuesday I gave you what I think was a very good make-up tip. Wednesday we had some good fun with silly quizzes, and yesterday? Yesterday I told you all about “good pain”. Or so they tell me that’s what it’s called…my shins beg to differ this morning.

So, how can I follow up this week of good with another good post? What can I tell you that I already haven’t this week?

What good can we talk about today?

Well, you know what they say, when all else fails, talk about the weather. And the weather today, ladies and gents? IS OH SO GOOD. After a week of rainy, gloomy days, this morning I awoke to sunshine and bright blue skies. We’re expecting “summer like temperatures” per the really hot weatherman on my television this morning, and I think that’s a beautiful thing. A good thing.

So, I think I’ll keep it simple on this particular OTGF, and just remind you to notice the “small things” as well in your life that can make it oh so good. A sunny day, aching shins, a good book, and the generosity of a stranger.

I invite you to peruse any of the posts I linked above…I had fun writing them, I’d love for you to read them.

And one final invitation, if you feel so inclined to do some additional good. I’ll be doing yet another charity walk on May 17th, this time a walk for Cancer Care, which I’m doing in memory of my later Grandma O. I invite you to click on the link right up top on my side bar there and donate/sponsor me if you can. And if you’d like me to walk in memory of anyone in particular, please let me know, I’ll be sure to add them to my thoughts and prayers on that day.

Now head on over to
Shelly’s to see what Good she’s got up her sleeve today, and to see who else is spreading the optimism virus. They’re a good bunch!

3 comments:

This Eclectic Life said...

I'd love to sponsor you for the cancer cure walk. I tried to donate on the other one, but my PayPal went wonky and then I got distracted. This afternoon, I'll give this donation a shot...and if I can't do it ... contact you to paypal directly.

You are so good to walk for cures! Hope your weekend is awesome.

Thorne said...

Gooo, KarinaKarina! It's all good!
Peace!

Insightful Nana said...

What you are doing is amazing. I was the benefactor or a March Of Dimes campaign years ago when they found a solution to the RH factor.