Monday, June 25, 2007

FUN MONDAY - Shelves

Better late than never right? Here is my Fun Monday entry for today:

Fun Monday is being hosted by Swampwitch of Anecdotes, Antidotes, and Anodes this week. This is what Swampy asked for....

Post pictures of your bookshelves or stacks of books. Hopefully, we will be able to read some of the titles. If you want, while you're at it, post pictures of ANY shelves...shelves with toys, dishes, collections, Aunt Gertrude's ashes in an urn, etc. Also, post pictures of your garage, carport, or places where you store 'stuff.' (No fair cleaning first, but if you must, maybe this will be the motivation to do so.)

So...without further ado:

The first two pictures are a close-up of an item that was featured in my last Fun Monday entry (wall hangings), my shot glass collection hangs on these shelves...here you can see all the places I've been:




The next pictures are of the baker's rack shelves in my kitchen, or actually, of the cookbooks on those shelves...these are only some of my cookbooks, I have a bit of an addiction to cookbooks, and yet, I never use them...the second picture is of a collection of Portuguese cookbooks my mom gave me...they are a bit ragged and old, but treasured!



The next shots are of my favorite shelves in the house...they are on my bedroom wall, and I bought them unstained and my dad stained them for me, and I think he did an excellent job on them...they contain my collection of Anne Geddes dolls (I collect her photo books too), and some African themed knick-knacks, as well as my collectible Barbie Doll:




And I've also included a shot of my bathroom shelves, this only represents HALF my collection of perfumes (man, I have some serious shopping problems), and other randomness...

And here are a few of my books, on my bookshelf in my office. This first picture is of a collection of all the "Classics" that my grandmother left to me...it is probably one of my most prized possessions, because before she died, she specifically asked me what I wanted, and these books were the only thing I wanted, so she left them to me.



The rest of that bookshelf:

Note how that shelf is warped with the weight of the books? haha...




Finally, I don't have a garage, shed or any of that, since I live in a condo...I do have a storage room in the attic, but as it is probably 120 degrees in there today, I will not be taking pictures of it...so instead, I give you my closets:

Office (mess on the floor because my cat likes to hang out in this closet and knock EVERYTHING off the hangers.
Hall closet (yep, that's my big ol' pile of laundry)
And bedroom...amazingly...it is pretty clean...
Hope you enjoyed travelling through my shelves and stuff...Be sure to visit Swampwitch for other participants. And make sure to pop over to Jennie at Prairie Air, as she's hosting next week's FUN MONDAY!!!

7 comments:

theotherbear said...

Some of those shot glasses are mighty big for a shot!

Pamela said...

blame it on the cat. Why didn't I think of that (well, actually she rips up the family room, too)

Love the classics. I see some wonderful books there and they look like they are kindly used.... not in bad shape at all. Wow... am I jealous. YES!

Anonymous said...

Aw..those classics from your grandmother and the cookbooks from your mom are treasures...

Molly said...

I like your collectibles. Your closets are rather neat. We collect our laundry in our closet too.

Jessica R. said...

I think you and I might be kindred spirits... those could be my shelves! Especially the kitchen one filled with cookbooks I rarely use. Man, I love to buy cookbooks...
I also believe that if a shelf isn't warped from the weight of books, then there just aren't enough books on it!

MommaBoo said...

Nice!

My bff and her hubby collect shot glasses. I collect cookbooks. My sissy collects Barbies.

What a special memory connected to your classics.

Your closets are so organized! I'm envious!

Happy "late" FUN MONDAY! See you next week!

ChrisB said...

I remember the shot glasses nice to get a closer look. how lovely to have your grandmother's classic collection. I see you are a Harry Potter fan. I live not far from where JK Rowling lived as a child (until she was 9).