In honor of today being the first day of Summer, I thought I'd share some of my favorite things about this season:
2. No need to dress in layer upon layer of sweaters, coats, scarves, hats, etc.
3. No snow. No matter how long I've lived in New England, I'll never be happy to see snow...sorry.
4. Trips to the beach, the smell of the ocean, collecting seashells, the smell of suntan lotion and the feel of the sand under my feet.
5. SUNLIGHT! I swear I suffer from the "Winter Blues" or SAD, I'm a cranky person in the winter. The fact that not only is it still daylight when I leave work, but it's light out until 9PM is one of my favorite things.
6. Driving with the windows open.
7. Cookouts, pool parties, picnics and random excuses to be outside and celebrate with people.
8. Swimming (not that my parents got a new pool, I can finally spend all summer in the water).
9. Everyone is in a better mood. Seriously, people are nicer in summer!
10.No school buses on the drive to work to slow me down and make me late.
11. Television is full of reruns so I spend a lot more time NOT watching it.
12. Sleeping with the windows open.
13. Sitting on my balcony after a long day at work, with a glass of wine, and a good book.
What do you love about summer?