I apologize in advance for the serious nature of this TT, but I am writing it with a heavy heart today. One of my oldest and dearest friends lost her mom to a long battle with cancer yesterday, and I just found out about it today. I met this particular friend on the very first day of college, and we have been true friends since then. Through the past 10 or so years, there have been loves and heartbreaks, marriages and babies (for her, not me), home purchases (for both of us), career advancements, and setbacks, and so many other things we have shared in. I knew her mother well, and she was certainly an amazing and strong person, who will most certainly be missed. My heart aches for her family today. Learning of something like this puts everything into perspective for your day, and makes you value every second you have with those you love...in that sense, I give you my TT.
Thirteen things you should do right now:
1. Tell your loved ones how special they are to you
2. Do your job during work hours, but spend your free time enjoying your life
3. Take that vacation NOW, don't wait until...whenever
4. Say a prayer, send a blessing, project good vibes (whatever it is that you do and believe in) toward someone who is hurting today.
5. Go ahead, do that thing you've been scared to do
6. Love with all that you've got, regardless of the consequences
7. Turn off the television, or the computer, and go do something with a living breathing being
8. Call those friends you've been meaning to call...do it, right now
9. Take a "mental health day" from work, enjoy the sunshine
10. Eat dessert (and hey, I'm on a diet)
11. Don't feel guilty for your blessings, but share them with others
12. Hug someone
13. Just LIVE as best you can, we only get this one shot
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants