2. When I leave work, I can go home, or go out, and don’t have to check with anyone else about what his plans were for that evening.
3. No gifts to buy on Valentine’s Day, one less birthday to buy for, one less Christmas gift to purchase. (Actually, I love buying gifts, so this isn’t a very strong reason).
4. I can change plans at a moment’s notice if I want to, take off for a long weekend, or spend a Saturday at home all day in my pj’s without anyone feeling “neglected”.
5. Closet space…I don’t have to share my closets…EVERY CLOSET in my house is MINE, all mine!
6. I can go all winter without shaving my legs if I want to (okay, maybe not ALL winter, even I can’t stand that).
7. I can watch whatever I WANT on television, and never have to give up the remote. ;-)
8. I have the pride of owning my own home, all by myself, and paying all of my bills on my own. Knowing I can take care of myself, even when money is tight, is an incredibly powerful feeling.
9. I can still have the fantasy that one day I will meet Mr. Right, and imagine all the wonderful things he will be. And I still have that excitement you get when a stranger smiles at you that you can flirt back without feeling guilty. The “what if” is a wonderful thing.
10. Imagine all the things I’ll have to blog about when I decide I’m ready to head back into the dating world?
11. I have a larger group of female friends than most women I know, because due to being single for this long, I’ve surrounded myself with the most amazing women and had the time to cultivate and nourish these friendships.
12. I’ve gotten to make the “always a bridesmaid, never a bride” thing not only a reality, but also a positive thing. I’ve learned all the things NOT to do when it does come time for my wedding, and all the important things I should focus on.
13. Unlike most of my friends who are married, I don’t have to hide my purchases in my car until “he’s not home” to see me bring them in. Why do women do that anyway? You work for your money right? I can buy all the shoes I want without having some man tell me I have too many shoes. MEN, repeat after me: “There is no such thing as too many shoes”.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!