Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunday Scribblings - Shhh...don't tell

I'm late to the game with my second ONLY Sunday Scribblings, but when I read the prompt, it inspired me...so here's my entry anyway:

“I have a secret”
she whispered with a mischievous smile
“I have to keep it”
she said with all the pride of a child

“My mommy told it”
she grinned, so grateful for its mystery
“so I could hold it”
she spoke, beaming delightedly

“but I can’t tell you”
she shook her head and looked down
“cuz then you’d know too”
she turned her smile to a frown

“and it’s my secret”
she said, her smile returning once more
“I have to keep it”
she nodded, and then she walked out the door.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can just see her smiling.
Adorable poem.
Thanks for sharing.
I was two days late for Scribblings this week!
Take care.
Your blog bluddy,
Frances

lissa said...

I like it. It has an interesting rhythm.