Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Forget the Oscars, it's all about the Candids


A while back I hosted an impromtu contest, and some of my unsuspecting readers and commenters were entered without even knowing it. Because the results were pretty much inconclusive, I decided to award all six entrants with a prize. I was going to merely do a post about why I love visiting each of the blogs belonging to the nominees, but after much thought, I realized that all six have one main thing in common, and that is that all of their blogs are honest, open, frank, sincere, outspoken...in a word "Candid" representations of who they are and what they think. So, I've decided to create my own Blog Award, the Candid Blogger Award, given to those bloggers I believe represent themselves in a refreshing and honest way.

And the Candid Goes to:

Frigga - Because she's not afraid to state her opinions on everything from what music is crap to what she thought of a particular movie, to her political beliefs. I may not always agree with her, but I fully respect that she is a woman unafraid to speak (or blog) her mind, and has passion for everything she says. Besides, she loves Christian Slater, so how could I not love her?

Lil'Mouse - For posts like this one, where she managed to keep her civility (and that inherent niceness I like so much about her) even though the situation called for much stronger and angrier language (well, for me it would have that's for sure). And really, simply because the last line in the post made me laugh out loud.

Ana - Because in posts such as this one, she lays it all out there for us to see, and yet, does it in such a poetic way that you read every word with anticipation of the next. And then there are the times she makes me laugh out loud with how easily she can turn the most mundane of situations into an art form, like here.

Lisa - Just her photography alone gives you a glimpse into what a beautiful person she must be to capture such beauty with her eye. And then you learn more about her and her amazing family, and you can't help but be impressed. She is the true definition of candid and honest on her blog, and I am constantly amazed by her strength.

Joy T - I'm not going to lie to you, Joy's is one of my favorite blogs to visit on my grumpy mornings, because as much as she tries to deny it, she is one of the funniest women I've "met", even when she's just telling you about her day. And she'll try to tell you otherwise, she'll also try to tell you she's grumpy and mean, but that's all a facade! Just ask Mushu. But I do love how she's going to tell it like it is, and if you don't like it, TOUGH, it's her blog!

Pamela - who leaves me the greatest comments, and has the BEST blog header and name out there. With posts such as this one about her childhood, you get to learn about the Pamela of her youth, and with posts like this, about her grandkids, you get to laugh right along with the Rockin' Grandma Pamela.

Enjoy it ladies, it's well deserved. And don't pass this one on, this one is just for you to hold onto and display proudly on your mantles...uh...sidebars. I wish I could do something fancy like give you html code so you could post the photo to your sidebar with a link back to my blog, but I have no idea how to post that information within a post without making it actual html code, so uh...yeah, whatever, just display it as a picture if you want to. ;-)

For the rest of you, don't be jealous, I just might bestow a Candid upon you when you least expect it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if I'm more impressed that you came up with your own special award or that you created the button for it!

There's a couple that I don't "know" and will have to go visit.

Unknown said...

Oh Yippee!!!! I likey!! :) Thank you thank you thank you!!

Pamela said...

ooooooo.. nice!!! that will look lovely on my blog.

Thank you for the recognition!!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful award! These ladies are all special. :)

Rebecca said...

Thank You - that was a great post! I was able to visit a couple of the other blogs you awarded, I wish I had more time right now to hit them all though! Thanks again for the wonderful compliments - you got me smiling like a goof ball (because I really do strive to be very open and honest on my blog.)

Jill said...

thanks!

Joy T. said...

Well aren't you just the sweetest! Thanks so much, I see I'm in great company!

Andrew Beckner said...

Two questions: 1) When does the campaigning for next year's Candids start? 2) Where do you live?
After all, I need to know when to buy billboards and where to put them...it's what they do for the Oscars, you know.
Nice site, by the way. God bless.