We all have secrets. We all have moments when we wish we could speak what's in our hearts, our minds, but for one reason or another, we don't...we hold back, we refrain. Sometimes, i is to avoid hurting someone's feelings. Sometimes, it is because we are protecting our own interests. And yet other times, it may be because the words didn't occur to us until it was too late to speak them. Whatever the reasons, we are all carrying around our fair share of things left unsaid. I foundthis over at Bleeding Espresso (who got it from And You Know What Else) a few weeks ago, and I just knew I'd have to do it myself.
So, my Thursday Thirteen this week is a list of 13 Things I Haven't Said (at different times, to different people):
1. That day, right before you told me your good news, that you were getting married, I realized I wanted to be more than friends. I'll always wonder what if.
2. I think he's an asshole, and I can't wait until you leave him.
3. I wonder if your child might be autistic and misdiagnosed, but I don't know how to talk to you about it.
4. I still think about you, and miss you, and wonder if you found happiness with someone else, and I hope you did, but I don't ever want to know you did, because it would break my heart all over again.
5. I think you are a racist, ignorant bitch.
6. I'm not sure I could survive if I didn' have you in my life.
7. I miss you now that you're growing up and too busy to spend your weekends with me, and sometimes I wish you were that little 8 year old girl all over again.
8. Yes, sometimes, I'm scared.
9. I am so incredibly proud of you and the man you are today.
10. I'm a little envious of your life, your husband, your kids.
11. Sometimes, I think about calling you and telling you to come over, just for fun, just for old time's sake.
12. I'm not sorry we're not friends any more, you were selfish and greedy, and I'm better off without you.
13. If it was me, he'd never get away with speaking to me the way he does to you.
What haven't you said?