Fun Monday this week is being hosted by Nikki. Since I forgot all about Fun Monday until this morning and didn't sign up, and then couldn't think of anything to answer either of the options she gave us this week...I'm not participating for the first week in a LONG LONG time...but, make sure you head on over there for all the others who did sign up!
Instead I decided to do two more memes I've recently been tagged for.
The first is from Qualcosa di Bello - a book meme:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.
I love books, this is a fun one. Okay, I'm currently reading Sammy's Hill by Kristin Gore (yes, that Kristin Gore) on my lunch breaks at work. I'm not at page 123 yet, so hopefully this next section won't spoil anything for me..let's see:
I knew it was a long shot.
"He's an actor, actually", she answered unexpectedly.
"Really?" I was intrigued.
Hmm....now I'm curious. ;-)
There you have it! Now for the tags (that's always the hard part, isn't it?):
1. Literary Feline
The next is a Crazy 8 Meme from Frigga:
8 Things I’m passionate about
1. My family
2. My independence
3. Seeing the world
4. My spirituality
5. My home
6. My friends
7. My beliefs
8. Shoes (what?)
8 Things I want to do before I die
1. Travel to Tuscany
2. Travel to Thailand
3. Travel in general to see more of the world
4. Get published (or at least finish the damn novel already)
5. Be a mom
6. Fall in love again
7. Meet some of the people who inspire me (including some bloggers I know)
8. Be at peace
8 Things I often say
1. "Thank you so much" - It's been pointed out to me that I have excellent phone manners and always end my calls with this sentence at work.
2. "I love you" - mostly to my parents as I'm ending any one of the millions of phone calls we have each week.
3. "Beijinhos" - which means "kisses" in Portuguese, also to my parents.
4. "Seriously?!" - blame this one on Grey's Anatomy, but it has become a part of my daily vocab whenever something surprising (and usually idiotic) happens. This one can be said in the form of a question, a statement, an exclamation and so many other formats.
5. "I'm so ready for spring". - SERIOUSLY, is winter over yet?
6. "I need to get caught up" - lately, it seems I'm always behind on everything, from blogging to my work, to stuff around my house...I need more hours in the day.
7. "Sure, why not". - usually followed by a silent "why do I get myself into these things? I really need to learn to start saying no.
8. "HUH?" - this one usually follows the half-instructions my boss will provide me with for any given assignment. He's not great with the detail, and I do a whole lot of head scratching before I can start any assignment.
8 Books I’ve recently read or am currently reading:
1. Sammy's Hill by Kristen Gore (yes, Al Gore's daughter. Two of my friends recently read it and recommended it. I'm only on page 70, but am enjoying it so far.
2. Every Which Way but Dead - Kim Harrison (reading this in Audio format now), it's a fun novel about a witch who is a bounty hunter of sorts, with Vampires and Werewolves and all kinds of otherworldly creatures...just my type of "away from reality" fare.
3. The Good, The Bad and the Undead - Kim Harrison (also in audio), just finished this one, which was book two in the series above.
4. Sins of the Father - A Buffy the Vampire Slayer novel (what? I love my Buffy stuff, so sue me).
5. Angel with Attitude - Michelle Rowen
6. Darwin Awards - This is a fun book of "stupid human tricks" basically, which I keep by my desktop computer at home, so I can read the short stories while I wait for things to load, since that computer is a piece of crap.
7. Savoring Seafood and Shellfish (or something like that)- Williams Sonoma cook book I just bought this weekend.
8. Birds of the Northeast - A birdwatching book Shopaholic gave me for my birthday because I just hung a bird feeder on my balcony.
8 Songs I could listen to over and over
1. Hotel California - Eagles (This was actually first on Frigga's list, but it made me laugh because just this weekend I picked it out of the jukebox at the pool hall we went to saying "I can never shoot pool and NOT listen to this song, it's a pre-requisite", so I had to leave it on my list as well).
2. Any one of the songs by lifehouse - this may sound like a cop-out but I honestly cannot pick just one song by them, I can listen to all of their songs over and over and over again.
3. Addicted by Kelly Clarkson - I just love this song, it's one of those great angry driving songs.
4. Undeniable - Matt Kearney - have you heard this song? If you haven't, you simply must listen to it.
5. If Everyone Cared by Nickelback
6. Lovestoned/I think she knows - Justin Timberlake - Makes me dance everytime I hear it.
7. Sweet Sixteen - Born as Ghosts (It's Eric Balfour's (he actor) band, they're unsigned as yet, but I love their music)
8. Livin' On a Prayer - Or really, any of the older Bon Jovi stuff, cuz, you know, it's Bon Jovi.
This is just a small sampling of how eclectic my music tastes can be...for example, right now, I'm listening to Vanessa Mae, who is a classical violinist.
8 Things that attract me to my best friends
1. Ability to laugh at themselves and act goofy (because Lord knows I do it all the time).
2. Intelligence (I'm not talking about book knowledge, I'm talking about common sense and the ability to carry an intelligent or interesting conversation).
3. Morals (are they at least somewhat in line with mine?) (Frigga had this on her list, and I couldn't agree more).
4. The love of shopping (this does not apply to all my friends, but at least one of them needs to share this with me...Thank God for Shopaholic).
5. The fact that they get me without questionning my choices (or doubting my happiness).
6. Their maturity (my closest friends are ones who can handle it when we don't agree on something without taking it personally or making it a personal attack, that's a sign of maturity to me that is absolutely essential).
7. Mutual dependance (knowing they will cry on my shoulder when they need to, and will lend me their shoulder when I need it).
8. That something. It can't be explained, but it's that same spark you look for in a romantic relationship (well, a different kind of spark, but you know what I mean)...you either have it and become friends, or you don't, and become acquaintances.
8 People I think should do Crazy 8s
UH...this is way too hard...I'll come back to this part later I think...