Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Interview with a Blogger - The Second

It's been so long that you may not remember, but a while ago I was interviewed by my fellow blogger Frigga. You can read that interview HERE.
In a fun new meme going around the blogosphere another blogger asks you five questions, you post them on your blog, and offer to interview any of your readers. The rules can be found in the original interview post.

Per the meme, a few bloggers asked to be interviewed by yours truly, so I set to asking the really tough questions.

Here are some of the interviews I've done that have been answered, please do go check them out:

1. Ms. Frou Frou
2. Joy T
3. Annie
4. JennieBoo
5. Frances

There is also one more coming, but I'm not saying anything about Lisa not having been able to do hers yet, because yours truly is LONG overdue on responding to one herself.

See, after Ms. Frou Frou answered my questions, I decided to request that I be interviewed once again, by her this time. She sent me the questions quite a while back, and I just couldn't find the time to answer them. But here I am, answering them finally.

1. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And what happened to that aspiration?


As a child I think I was about as "all over the place" as I am now, therefore, there were several different things I wanted to be. The first thing I remember was that I wanted to be a ballerina. Seriously, how cute was I?? I took ballet as a very young girl, and really wanted nothing more than to be in the pretty tutus dancing around to Swan Lake. When we moved to an area where there were no local ballet classes, mom signed me up for gymnastics. Look at those lines! A new love was born, and now I wanted to be a gymnast when I grew up. With dance recitals and all that stuff, I just knew one day I'd be a dancer. Look at how serious I am!

At one point I also remember thinking/saying I wanted to be a doctor. The sight of blood, and the fact that I was NOT a fan of that sight quickly set me straight on that aspiration.

Yet another move, this time to the U.S., and the fact that my parents couldn't afford to send me to gymnastics or ballett, also put an end to that dream. But the dream of being a dancer was one I would carry with me forever.

As I got older, my dreams became a bit more realistic, and my love for the written word took over. I wanted to be a writer when I grew up. I even majored in Communication and Journalism in college with the idea that this would be what I would do for a living...write.

Unfortunately, jobs are scarce and low paying in the writing field, so I had to find other options, and that is why I ended up in the legal field instead.

As far as what happened to those childhood aspirations? I still want to be a dancer, I'll always want to be a dancer, but I realize that one will always be a pipe dream. I still want to be a writer, and that, I've been focusing my energy on a bit more. I have no interest in ever being a doctor, however.

2. Who was your first crush, or the first crush you're comfortable sharing?

Wow, for this I have to go back...way back...back into time. ;-) Who was my first crush? I'm sure I had little crushes in elementary school in Portugal, but none stand out for me. The first one that really stands out in my mind was my crush when I first arrived in the U.S., in the middle of the year in 4th grade. Coming into a new country, with a new language I wasn't at all versed in, I attended a bi-lingual school for that last half of 4th grade. I was "partnered up" with a boy who was to help me acclimate. His name was Julio. Julio was adorable, and nice, and really helpful to me in this brand new world I was in. Julio sat next to me in class, and translated what the english speaking teacher would say. He was also the class hottie that all the girls liked, so I felt sort of special that he was "my" class partner. The following year we went to a secondary school, and Julio and I would again be in the same class. But this time, it would be me who was helping him with his school work. (What can I say, I was a pretty smart kid). Julio and I were always friends, and flirtatious, but he never moved past the "crush" stage. Years later, while in high school, I would run into Julio again, and he was still a hottie, but the spark fizzled out soon after, we had nothing in common. Still, I'll always remember Julio with a fondness reserved only for those first crushes. I wish I had a picture for this one, but searches through old photo albums found me nothing! Alas!

3. If you didn't need to earn a living, and could do whatever you wanted to do, regardless of income, what would it be?

Well, some of this was answered in question one, but I'd love to dance professionally in some form (and not in a stripper pole sort of form, just for the record). I'd also be able to just write full time. If income wasn't an issue, I could spend my days writing out all the things my mind is constantly telling me about. I'd love to travel the world, writing about what I see, photographing what I see, and just experiencing all the sites. Also, if earning a living wasn't a worry, I'm pretty sure I'd be ready to adopt a child or two, and provide a loving home to someone who does not have one. Expand upon what I've been able to do through Big Brother Big Sister, and make a difference in a child's life, by bringing them into mine.

4. If they were going to make a movie of your life, who would you cast as you, and why? You can cast other people as well if you want to!

OOOOh, this is such a fun question! Believe it or not, I've never actually thought this one out. Let's see...if we're going on appearances sake, I really don't know, because I don't think there's any particular "actress" out there that I look like. However, I decided to go to Myheritage.com and find out what they said. This is what I came up with:


Not a bad cast of characters! I think I'd choose either Christina Ricci, because I think she could nail my sarcasm and wit, or Elizabeth Shue, because watching Adventures in Babysitting, I always wanted to be her. "Don't F$#% with the babysitter!" (okay, I realize that when I post this, Elizabeth Shue gets cut out, but I don't know how to fix it, and I'm at work and don't really have the time to try and figure it out...so...just trust me on this! haha)

Casting other people could be fun...but I'd probably get carried away and never finish this post, so I'm going to save that for another time, I think.

5. Silly one to finish... are you a scruncher or a folder?

I'm a roller.

This was fun! Do go check out the interviews linked above and tell them I sent you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

*blush* I thought I'd have it done by now but I. . .well, I have no excuses, I'll get right on it. :D

Rebecca said...

Before the internet came along I never once wondered about another persons toilet paper preparation... ;-0

qualcosa di bello said...

i **love** this!!!! you were such a sweet girl, all serious in those photos. (love the shoes!) it is so cool to hear how your dreams evolved & how you still carry them with you. i really think you & i have the same answer to the "doing whatever you wanted, no worries about income" question. people, places & writing w/ photos about sums it up!!

nice interview...& i promise i did not forget about that meme from a few weeks ago...i am working on night #5 & i will soon post!