Thirteen Random Observations
I'm still recovering from this nasty cold, so while I sit here trying hard not to fall into another fit of the coughs...here are some random observations I made this week:
1. When you have a cold, and therefore a cough, which makes it practically impossible to speak, EVERYONE wants to have all kinds of conversations with you. Why is that?
2. Tuesday, October 2, I was wearing capris, a short sleeve shirt and sandals...in New England. Tomorrow, it is supposed to reach 85 degrees...In October, in New England...I'm not even sure what to wear at this point, and I'm just confused in general about the weather. The leaves are changing, bu they haven't quite changed yet...it's all just very strange.
3. As I write this, I'm watching Kid Nation...is it just me or is it unsettling that a bunch of 14 year olds are faking taking shots and chugging beer (using rootbeer) and making it look completely believable...as if, perhaps...they've done this before?
4. I have to do it...I'm sorry, but here it comes..Britney Spears lost custody of her kids this week. Do you think this will be her rock bottom? Is it bad that I hope it is? It's just that I'm afraid if his isn't it...she may not survive her rock bottom...and then those kids will not only have a very public record of how messed up their mother was...they may not have a mother at all. I worry for everyone involved in this situation...obviously she has some serious issues and needs some serious help.
5. Conversely, I don't really understand why everyone is coming down so hard on Kevin Federline. I mean, don't get me wrong, I've cracked Fed-Ex jokes just like everyone else, and I don't particularly have any great fondness for the guy, but he hasn't yet shown anything to warrant the negative press he's getting in terms of his father abilities. At least he's stepping up to the plate. Give the guy a chance to screw up before you knock his parenting abilities.
6. Do you have any idea how many muscles your body utilizes in the process of coughing? Let me tell you...A LOT! I have aches in muscles I didn't even know existed after this cold. And we won't even discuss how raw my insides feel...OUCH.
7. Back to Kid Nation for a minute. I watch quite a bit of reality tv. I enjoy watching these people make fools of themselves on televison, purely for my entertainment. And as always, when you watch most reality tv shows, there is going to be at least one person who is going to annoy you to no end. Usually, it is okay to have strong feelings of dislike for this moron, because well, they're grown and should know better. But an interesting dynamic happens when you are watching Kid Nation. Certain "kids" will rub you the wrong way and you find yourself thinking "she's such a little bitch" and then you catch thinking "oh, she's just a kid, I can't say that about her"...hmmm
8. The Neiman Marcus catalogue just came out and it includes a $110,000 portrait for two made out of chocolate syrup. WHAT? For more ridiculous (or as they call them fantasy) gifts, go here.
9. I try not to engage in political discussions very often, at least not on this blog, mostly because this blog is a place I enjoy and politics can only screw that up...but...Bush vetoes the child health care bill...and I have a problem with that...that's it, that's as far as I'm going with that.
10. The Red Sox won Game 1 of the Playoffs against the Angels. Just thought you might want to know. No, I wasn't watching the game. No, I'm not even that much of a baseball fan. But I am a Bostonian and this is, after all, Red Sox Nation...Go Sox!
11. Ever know someone who just has a knack for being absolutely rude and offensive when they think they're being funny. Or without even realizing how absolutely innapropriate they are being? Cuz "the Nazi" at the firm, is working really hard on ruining that last nerve of mine. I'm hacking up a lung today in my office...seriously, having one of those moments when tears are streaming down my face and I'm not sure I'm going to make it. And out of her office comes "Will you be quiet in there?" All in a singsongy joky voice, like "haha I'm so funny". Yeah, thanks for your concern. BITCH...
12. Last Saturday I spent the entire afternoon waiting for the Comcast to show up to install my new digital phone service. He never did. After quite the elaborate and unpleasant telephone conversation with the sales department, during which I was informed he had listed me as "not at home" without ever even having driven up my driveway (trust me, I would have seen him) and my informing them that although I wasn't going to call anyone a liar, he wasn't telling them the truth (yeah, I know)...how did I end up screwing myself even more by requesting I be the FIRST appointment of the day this coming Saturday? Good job Karina, now you have to be up and dressed by 8 AM on a Saturday morning. NICE!
13. Taye Diggs is HOT. That's it, that's all I have to say about that.
I told you it would be random. Happy Thursday y'all!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!<