Wordless Wednesday is right below this post.
Quite a while ago my buddy JennieBoo tagged me with this meme. In the ME Meme, I'm supposed to give you 5 things about myself that I have never told you before. Because I was in the midst of doing my "200 things about me" posts, I thought I'd be all out of "me" things to give you, so I held off on the meme.
But the other morning on the radio there was this discussion being had about things you had never done that most people have done. I thought I'd incorporate this discussion and instead of just telling you 5 things about myself, I'll tell you five things I've NEVER done, that the average person (at least in the U.S.A.) probably has:
1. I've never eaten a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. EVER. Yes, I know that is a very strange thing, but I was allergic to peanut butter until recently (I've always had strange allergies that come and go), so peanut butter is a new food group for me, and I'm just beginning to expirement with it. In fact, I've also never had a "Butterfinger" but the other day I had a Butterfinger Ice Cream...YUM. I just bought some raspberry jelly this weekend, I just need to get some sandwich bread and the "never" will be deleted from this list pretty soon.
2. Keeping with the food stuffs, I've never had a traditional "grilled cheese" sandwich. By traditional I mean made in a frying pan. I've had paninis, and my own version of grilled cheese, made on a grill or electric sandwich maker, but never a "frying pan" kind.
3. I've never been skiing or ice skating. This may not be so unusual in the warmer parts of the country, but around these parts, I'm an oddity. Everyone around here has done at least one of the two.
4. I've never watched ANY of the Star Wars movies. I know, I know, sacrilege and all that, but I've just never had an interest in them. I don't think I've watched more than 5 minutes of the original, and not even that much of any of the prequels or whatever they were. If I were to elaborate on this, I could tell you I've also never seen Jaws (again, no interest), The Godfather films (there is no excuse for this one, I love gangster movies, and I even bought the box set for my ex Cognac at one point), or even a full episode of the tv show "Cheers" (which as a Bostonian is not something I should be admitting)...and a whole slew of other movies that "everyone" has seen.
5. I've never been fishing. Maybe this isn't that unusual, but I am Portuguese, so really, fishing should come naturally to me, shouldn't it? But, I've never done it.
It was actually a lot harder to come up with these than I thought it would be. I don't really know how many people I'm supposed to tag, so I'm going with 3.
Julia - Because I love this lady and want to learn more about her.
Ms. Frou Frou - Because I know she's been really busy with work and hasn't really had a chance to blog much lately, so I'm hoping to give her some fodder for when she has a chance to get back to it.
Janis - Because I love reading her stories of her time in Asturias, so I'm greedily asking for five more things I don't know.
Ladies, you don't have to do a "I've never" like I did, it's just a 5 things we don't know about you post. Have fun with it.