Friday, November 05, 2010

Counting Down


It’s November. Wait, what? Say that again?


It’s November.

As in…the second to last month of 2010.

Wait, hold on…2010?

Didn’t we just have that whole hullaballoo about Y2K?

Wasn’t that like…last year?

Wasn’t I just sitting around with my two cousins discussing how old we were going to be at the turn of the new millennium, thinking “Oh My Gosh, I’m going to be 25? That’s so old!”.

And now, it’s 10 years later, and I’m 35 and 2011 is a mere two months away.

When did all of this happen? And how did all of this happen?

Stop the world, I wanna get off!

No, wait…deep breaths…deep breaths…exhale…

Okay, okay, I can do this.

November. Time for the countdowns to being.

And there are so many countdowns for me.

For starters, I work a youth retreat every Thanksgiving weekend, and there is A LOT of prep work involved with that. The countdown to the retreat has begun.

Then, there is, of course, the countdown to Thanksgiving.


Which, very quickly gives way to the countdown to Christmas (GULP).

Followed closely by the countdown to the end of the year and 2011.

I’m not ready. I’m not counting down to anything. I’m going to savor each and every day.

So there!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Are you doing NABLOPOMO? Because since you're already on a roll, you should. I'm pretty sure that's how I found you to begin with!

KCSherri said...

Amen to that! I am SO with you! :)

Amber said...

Somebody pull the emergency brake! =)

Karina said...

Jill, you talked me into it, I signed up! lol