Saturday, November 06, 2010

Livin' The Good Life

I've said this before on this blog, I live a charmed life.

I really do. I have an amazing family, incredible friends, a great job, a wonderful home...and so many more blessings.

Tonight, my charmed life took me to a Boston Bruins hockey game.

Wait, let me explain. I'm not actually a hockey fan. In fact, before I met my friend Traveler, I don't think I have ever watched a hockey game. But Traveler is a HUGE hockey fan, and she's one of my best friends, so we started going to hockey games together years ago.

Then three years ago Traveler moved to Florida, and our hockey outings took a break. But she's moved back home, and so, it was only a matter of time before we would find ourselves rink side again.

Tonight Traveler scored us four tickets to a Boston Bruins hockey game (because she has all sorts of connections, and is always getting her hands on free tickets to this or that for us). So, the two of us, along with my brother and his fiance, went to the game, unsure where our seats would be located.

We picked up our tickets to discover we were actually going to be sitting in a VIP Luxury box, and let me tell you, you haven't watched a hockey game until you've watched it from a luxury box.

I'm not the world's biggest hockey fan, but tonight? I was totally engrossed in the game, and had a wonderful time chatting with my brother (who is a fanatic) about the rules of hockey, and enjoying a beer in the comfy seats I would never have bought for myself.

Yep, I really do live a charmed life.

No comments: