Sunday, November 14, 2010

Popinjay - Extravagant

This week's #Popinjay prompt is "Extravagant".

1. Spending money excessively or immoderately
2. going beyond usual bounds
3. ostentatious; showy
4. exorbitant in price; overpriced

I don't live a very extravagant life. In fact, for the most part, I live a pretty simple life, and although I like nice things, I'm a bargain hunter by nature, so I don't spend much money on things. If it's not on sale, odds are, it's not coming home with me.

That's just the way I was brought up by my mom, and it just makes sense to me. Why spend a fortune on something when I can find it for half price if I just bide my time?

It's common sense, no?

So, for this prompt, I've decided to go with the 3rd definition above: ostentatious, showy.

Earlier this year, I attended a masquerade ball with friends. These are two of the masks we used:


Be sure to stop by Michelle's to see what other extravagances the other participants have to show you.


4 comments:

Amber said...

So pretty!
Especially the peacock feather. =)

Amber said...

S. Peacock featherS. There was supposed to be an S on there. ;)

~michelle pendergrass said...

I had a hard time with this one because I'm not extravagant either. Had to post someone else's stuff. LOL

I love peacock feathers--and how fun to go to a masquerade ball instead of Halloween party. I think I'd like that!!

Poof said...

Ooooo! I like that top one - mysterious! I think I might be too disorganized to do next week's "disorganized" popinjay.

Have a good week!