Monday, November 08, 2010

When Boys Had Cooties

There was a time, somewhere in my early childhood, when I thought all boys had cooties.

Or so I'm led to believe.

Because, there's a time in every little girl's life when boys have cooties, right?

Except, the thing is...I don't remember that time.

No, to be quite honest with you, I just remember ALWAYS liking boys.

I liked to chase them around, play tag and hide and seek, climb trees and ride bikes with them.

Maybe it was because I was a bit of a tomboy, but boys didn't really have cooties, they were just FUN to be with.

Then I got girlie. But even then, I liked boys. Of course, by then, I liked boys because they were cute, and silly, and they made me giggle and blush.

So, I'd like to tell you that I miss a time when I thought all boys had cooties...but, I don't remember there ever being such a time.

Which is too bad, because then I'd have a point of reference for going back to when now, as a full grown adult, heading back into the dating world in my "gulp" thirties...I really wish I could just say "boys are dumb and they have cooties" and go play barbies with the girls.

I won't bore you with the latest details of my "non-dates" with Runner Boy, because well...there isn't much to tell.

But, the truth is, all this back and forth is exciting, and exhausting, it's nerve racking and giggle inducing...dating is...FUN. And...so ANNOYING.

It would just be so much easier if boys really did have cooties.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Things might be easier if boys had cooties, but they sure would be a lot less interesting!! ; )