Sunday, September 12, 2010

Popinjay - Selfless

This week's Popinjay prompt is "Selfless".

There were so many different ways I could have gone with this. I thought about posting a photo of my little sister K, not only because I find her to be a very giving and selfless person, but also because she brings out the most giving and selfless qualities in me. When I signed up for Big Brother Big Sister nearly 10 years ago, I had no way of knowing how much this little girl would change my life. She has taught me so much about so much, mostly, about how it is absolutely possible to love a child unconditionally, regardless of whether or not she is your biological child.

I thought about posting a photo of my faith family. My group of friends with who I pray with and play with. We are a wild and crazy bunch, known to say that we pray hard, because we play hard, and that causes us to need to pray harder. But they, to me, exemplify selflessness in so many different ways.

I thought of other things I could have photographed as well. But it all kept coming back to the same thing for me.

God.

It is the gift of faith, the belief in God, the beauty of the world He created for us, that allows us to be selfless and giving, and loving, and full of life.


So, that's where I went with this.

Have a great week everyone, I think I can safely say I won't be posting again this week, there's a lot going on, so...see you next week!