Thursday, July 14, 2011

Shall We Dance?


I am getting pretty tired of this song and dance.



I promise you (I promise me) that I’m going to blog more often, I get you (I get me) all excited that THIS will be the time when I will once again return to my regular blogging habits.


For a time, all seems well, I’m here, I’m present, I’m blogging.



And then…it all falls apart again.



I miss a day. I miss a week. And suddenly I’ve missed a whole month.


The doubts creep in, the judgments, the accusations…


Do I even have a right to call myself a blogger anymore? Should I just throw in the towel? Is there a point to any of this anyway?


But like a dysfunctional relationship, I come back, again and again…unable to break away.


Unlike one of those relationships, however, there is no downside to blogging…even sporadically.


Truth is, whether I’m writing daily, weekly, or even monthly…I’m writing.


Whether anyone is even reading is no longer the point anyway.


Like most things in my life nowadays, I’m doing this for me.


I have learned that if I do things for me, without any expectations of praise or recognition, without feeling the need to be validated by the outside world…then I’m doing something right.


So, here we go again, another tango, another dance, another try at this…


How long will the music last this time?