Thursday, April 13, 2006

Prom Dressing - 2006


So, I don't have a picture of me in my prom dress to show you. And, even if I did, I still wouldn't show you, because...well...it was the early 90's. Need I say more?
Anyway, you can imagine pretty much what it looked like if you attended any prom in that time period. All dresses were poofy, ruffly, scrunchy, sleevy (as in poofy sleeves), and sparkly or a combination of two or more. They were also...well...DRESSES. One did not wear a bikini, or some variation of the theme to their prom. I thought I was being riske because I wore a short dress (knee length) with off the shoulder sleeves.
Nowadays however, I would have been looked at as matronly or something. After all, the picture above depitcs just SOME of the prom dresses I came across when reading this article:
http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/1331/whats-hot-for-prom?fr=fp-buzz-morebuzz
THESE, my friends are the promdresses of 2006.
Let's not forget that the girls wearing these dresses are all between the ages of 16 and 19 at the MOST.
Wow...times have changed, haven't they?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rebecca said...

All that money on such little fabric to be worn for such a short period of time...