Wednesday, June 30, 2010

FitNhealthy - July 2010

If you've read my blog the last few months, and/or if you follow me on Twitter (@CandidK - please do) then you know that I've joined my buddy Ami in her monthly FitNHealthy Challenges. You can find out more about these at her blog here.

Basically, however, each month Ami is challenging us to join her on some fitness challenge of her making, or if we choose, one of our own. If you click here you can see what I've challenged myself with the last few months.

I've been doing C25K, so last month, this was my challenge to myself: By the end of the month, I’m hoping to be able to not only finish week 5, but also week 6. If I can follow the C25K plan exactly, I should be ending Week 7 just as June comes to a close, but I’m giving myself a break, and taking my time with it, so I’ll be happy if I can be ready to begin week 7 by the end of June. (Week 7 is when the straight running, 25 minutes each day, begins).


Along with C25K, I’m also going to keep doing Shred on Mondays, and try to squeeze in a little bit more strength training on my in-between run days.



So, how did I do? Well, unfortunately, I only attended one Shred class in the month of June, because my gym cancelled the class at the beginning of the month to make room for the 6th Zumba class there...I'll save that rant for another day (sigh), but needless to say, no more Shred for this girl. I was NOT happy about this.

But, the good news is that my parents opened up their pool, so I decided to substitute swimming for shred a few days a week.

Except...uh...I've only done that once or twice so far.

BUT I have stayed with C25K. I've been running pretty much every other day this month with the exception of 2 weekends ago, when my cousin got married, and I, as a bridesmaid, was caught up in all the pre-wedding hoopla.

However, on the evening of her wedding I danced for about 5 hours straight, so,you know...that counts.

I'm not quite at week 7 of C25K yet, I can't seem to reach the 25 minutes of running straight yet, so I've been repeating week 6 for a while now. But, I'm still trying, and I'm pushing forward, and I'll get there.

So...now onto July's goals.

This month Ami is challenging to work on our eating habits, and I'm actually quite glad for that, because exercise has become a habit, and a need for me, but my eating habits can ALWAYS use improvement.

So, her challenge: Eat at least 4 servings of vegetables each day and incorporate one new-to-you veggie each week.

Okay, I think I can do that...I'm in.

Also, I'm going to continue to challenge myself with C25K, hoping to be much closer to running that 5K by the end of July, and I'm going to try and incorporate some more swimming, and some abs and other work into my routine as well.

What do you think? Will you join us? What fitNhealthy challenges are you up for this month?

No comments: