Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Popinjay - Blue



This week's Popinjay prompt is "Blue". Blue...what a great color blue is. I love blue! There's a certain shade of blue that whenever I wear it, people tell me "you look great in that color".  My favorite fuzzy slippers, that I wear around the house, in the shape of some silly monster paws, are blue.  The ocean, with it's turbulent waves, and calming music...so beautiful and blue...and yet, the word blue also stands for sad, gloomy, dark...everything the opposite of beautiful and calm and soothing...

I suffer from the Winter Blues...I've been in a funk now for weeks...the lack of sunlight, the cold temperatures, the incessant snow and freezing rain...all of it combine to make me not want to leave my house, not want to leave the comfort of my couch...lazy, unmotivated, blue...

So, when in the middle of a winter's day, I catch a glimpse of sky...so blue:



 I thank God, I count my blessings...and I smile. Blue...what a beautiful color...


Make sure to pop on over to Michelle's and check out other "blue" submissions...

3 comments:

~michelle pendergrass said...

I do love winter and all things about it--so I don't quite understand the seasonal blues, but I know a lot of people who get quite down in late winter. (((hugs))) Those glimpses of blue sky are like balm for the soul, aren't they?

PBNJM said...

Awesome!

Poof said...

Me, too, I think I have SAD. Hang in there, we're on the downhill slope to Spring now.