Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Where in the World is Candid Karina?

I'm off on a mini-vacation starting today after work, heading off for some rest, relaxation and a bit of fun.

My friend Traveler is home for the week. She moved to Florida for work earlier this year, and as she was my "martini" buddy, I've missed our martini nights. Nights that were as much about experimenting with new martini flavors as they were about girl time. Venting about each other's work days, gossiping about celebrities, scoping out the men in the room, girl time. Her move to Florida is supposed to be temporary, but of that only time will tell. In the meantime, I've missed our girl nights. So, this week, she's home. Here to celebrate her 30th birthday with her family and friends. And as one of her favorite places in the world is Lake Winnipesauke, we're heading off for a few days of girl time at the lake.

We take off tonight, as soon as I'm done with work. The overnight bag is packed, the pre-mixed martinis (good stuff) and the cooler are ready to go. We've got our gossip, our cameras and plenty of smiles for whatever members of the opposite sex we may happen upon. But mostly, we're just looking forward to catching up, relaxing, and having some girl time.

I won't be posting the next two days, this week there will be no Wordless Wednesday or Thursday Thirteen. The laptop is staying home. I haven't had a vacation all summer, so I'm leaving nearly all traces of technology behind (the cell phone will come with me, however). This is a short getaway, so I'll be home on Friday. Make sure to check back then for my new "Follow-Up Friday" feature, where I respond to all your comments. Hopefully I'll also have fun tales to tell of my time at the lake with Traveler.

LATER!!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Vacations are wonderful!! Have fun!!

qualcosa di bello said...

AWE-SOME!!! have lots of fun & we'll look forward to hearing some recipes!

Rebecca said...

Oh boy, I hope you're off having a wonderful time! And I like the whole Martini idea, expirimenting with new flavors and such sounds very tasty!

MommaBoo said...

Have fun, relax, unwind & take lots of pics!

See ya when you get back, you lucky dawg!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Have a truly wireless couple of days together. Hope it's dishey!

Spy Scribbler said...

A mini-vacation! Sounds heavenly. Have fun!!!

Jannis said...

When you get back lets talk Martini! What is your favorite? What is the worst you have tried? Gin or Vodka? Ps...have fun!

Amy said...

Ok, your time is up. We're all hoping you had a fantastic time, but you left us all here... awaiting your return... Well, it's Friday, dammit! (trying to remember if anyone swears on your blog... if not... insert dangit!, though it doesn't have the same "punch")

Anyways... we're here, where are you? And, by the way... you didn't leave us one of those pictures with all the people so we could look for you - that could've kept us busy for a bit, but NO!(in whiny voice) - we've been left to our own devices for more than 48 hours - have you any idea what kind of trouble we've been causing?!?!?!

Oh, I did the interview questions while you were gone, and visited Miss Frou Frou's interview - I like her!

Well, welcome home - I have to go get a cup of coffee...

MommaBoo said...

BTW, I have an award for you over on my blog. It'll be up in a sec.

Run go and get it, you deserving blogger you!